• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ISO tame Java Finch

Birdtawk

Meeting neighbors
Anyone know where I could find a tame female Java Finch? I'm looking for buddy/mate for my tame Java male! I'm in Brooklyn, NY. Thanks!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I mean no disrespect, but could you try where you got your male? There is almost no one in the country that hand feeds finches to sell. It is very time consuming and labor intensive, and, quite frankly, not many people would pay what the breeders would have to ask to make it worth their while.

Birdtawk

Meeting neighbors
It's true the the place where I got my male has more but they are all related. I would like an unrelated female so he can breed. I have a tame male who was handfed and a female who was not handfed but was handled often as a baby. She is very tame. But she already has a mate.

keirieski17

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Keila
May I ask why you’re breeding them? The forum will typically discourage breeding without a specific plan for the offspring and extensive knowledge on how to care for baby birds if something goes wrong with the parents

Birdtawk

Meeting neighbors
I would like to breed them in order to have more tame Java finches for myself and perhaps adopt to a few select people. I would only breed them once or twice, I'm not trying to go into business atm or anything, I'd just keep most of them as pets in my home. I do have hand feeding experience with baby sparrows and starlings, not finches (yet) but I have been reading about it and getting supplies in preparation. I would not breed them till the summer months.

Last edited: