• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Isn't it scary when your Caique goes psycho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Lately Douglas has been a BRAT about food. Maybe because he gets super excited to get his fresh food, but if he is out of his cage, and I put his dish in, he'll run over, his eyes will blaze red, and then his wings will spread, and he flies at my hand!
Like I'm taking his food away instead of giving him more!!!! :mad:

Just now I had him on my bed and I was eating some mac n' cheese, and he decided to run and climb up my arm. I was going to give him some, but I didn't want him to eat on my bed. So I tried to get him to step up, and he started doing his angry squealing, and poofed up his cheeks!

:omg: It's so SCARY! LOL

kastelling

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
When Tonka gets like that (thankfully pretty rarely) I squeeze her into my armpit. True story.

:D No seriously, squeezing her calms her down. I will hug her to me pretty tightly, and she will respond "EH! NOOOOOoooo...wait, this is kinda nice...I like this! Awesome!" And she ends by doing her happy cluck and then I let her go and she is happy as can be. :huh: I thought she was a "special" and unique case (read: wierdo). But I have read a few different people online that do the same thing! :D

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
When Tonka gets like that (thankfully pretty rarely) I squeeze her into my armpit. True story.

:D No seriously, squeezing her calms her down. I will hug her to me pretty tightly, and she will respond "EH! NOOOOOoooo...wait, this is kinda nice...I like this! Awesome!" And she ends by doing her happy cluck and then I let her go and she is happy as can be. :huh: I thought she was a "special" and unique case (read: wierdo). But I have read a few different people online that do the same thing! :D
I can't lie, sometimes I use my "lightning fast" reflexes to grab Douglas and a shmoosh him in my boobs until he calms down LOL.
Unfortunately, most of the time, I do get bitten, haha!

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Ming, just don`t let him bite...when you`re doing that ;)

That happened to me once when I was selling a Yellow Naped Amazon (and snuggling him to my chest) & was helping his family decide on a cage, toys, and accessories. I couldn`t check for an hour afterwards. There was a scar for awhile ;)

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
I`m sorry for being such a man, but so far in this thread we`ve got eating favorite treats in bed, followed by boob squeezing and biting of said boobs. I can do nothing but get myself into further trouble here so I will bail. But I still enjoyed this theater of the mind encounter more than I should say, thankyou ladies, I `am so ashamed of myself :heart:

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
I`m sorry for being such a man, but so far in this thread we`ve got eating favorite treats in bed, followed by boob squeezing and biting of said boobs. I can do nothing but get myself into further trouble here so I will bail. But I still enjoyed this theater of the mind encounter more than I should say, thankyou ladies, I `am so ashamed of myself :heart:
:rofl::laughin::laughing6:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Your honesty has be laughing so hard!!:lol:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ming, what I do with food aggressive birds is take the food dish out the night before when said bird is out of his cage. And in the morning take said bird out, and then put food the dish of fresh foods back inside the cage. Then give treat to said bird before putting him inside the cage.:)

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
He doesn't bite my boobs!!! LOL!
I mean he bites when I try to grab him!!!! Geesh guys! LOL

And my room is so small that the only place to sit is on the bed LOL.

beakybirdie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danielle
:lol:

Though I have to admit that Jellybean used to scare the bejesus out of me when she would go into the full out rage mode. Those flashing red eyes and what I used to call the 'Skeksis' hunch back (if you have seen the Dark Crystal movie you know what I talking about) and that weird head bob, twisting thing; man she looked like she was just going all out psycho.

I quickly learned however, that if I managed to wrap a hand around her fully and cup her on her back, she'd calm down after a few struggling attempts at biting me.

This, by the way, is a Skeksis for those of you who don't know:

See that weird hunch back it has? That's exactly what Jellybean would look like.

anna2684

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Anna
I didn't know Marilyn swung that way.:omg:

I love hearing about all the other bad caiques, it makes me feel better about Louie when he does things like chalenge me for MY dinner.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Scooter will KILL if I try to get between him & his orange slices! :eek: :p

Zeb

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zeb
I'd like to hear more about this negative mammary reinforcement theory. :p

Anyhow.....I remember calming down Keiko when he'd get too rough. The baby does it still.....but now, if Keiko is going to bite, you had better just leave him alone. At least it's obvious, with the body language and "war cry".

beakybirdie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danielle
:lol: I called it a piggy squeal. Just try and take something away from them without getting bitten! Jellybean would do that challenge squeal, especially when she knew she wasn't supposed to be getting into stuff.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Scooter was on my shoulder last night while I was doing the dishes. She was a little nervous because it was dusk (she gets nervous around dark) & we were in front of the kitchen window. I went to step her up off my shoulder & she gave a squeal. Thanks to you guys posts I knew not to insist on her stepping up to my hand so I leaned over to her tree stand & she went on that from my shoulder. PFEW! You guys saved me some blood shed, me thinks! :hug8:

beakybirdie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danielle
Ah there will be a time when you trust her enough that when she does that squeal (and it's not the hormonal season), you will just pick her up anyway. Usually it was a bluff in the normal, non psycho days and Jellybean wasn't being serious about her threats. Usually she'd squeal in anger but not really IN anger, just more of a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.