• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is your quaker snuggly

wasabismom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nicole
Is your quaker snuggly? My wasabi is not snuggly. Is this just her personality? Do you have a snuggly quaker?

L

Lynn96

I don't have a Quaker but I do know from experience that every bird is different. In my family we had a lovebird who didn't want to be touched in that way period. But he was very friendly. On the other hand Tango loves to cuddle. He pushes his head under my thumb just to get his way. Or maybe it's a Quaker thing? :huh:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'd settle for a snuggly or meat cleaver quaker if I could have one...;)

Senneth

Strolling the yard
Mine has his snuggly moments, but they don't happen very often. Usually he just wants scratches and kisses. However, I am able to hold him cupped in my hands so that he's completely covered and he has no real issues with that.

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
Jazzy can be cuddly at time when she feels like it. More so when she is sleepy.

wasabismom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nicole
Yes wasabi has her moments where she will whisper and let me scratch her head even under the wing but it's rare. Maybe once a weekI. I spend lots of time with her and have had her for years. Ive been looking for ways to make her more snuggly like sitting with her longer but she just gets aggravated if I touch. I can only touch her feet when I want lol so I thought maybe shes not touchy feely. So I thought I would see if other quakers ever get really snuggly.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Little Scooter is.

wasabismom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Nicole
She loves being with me just not me touching her feathers. She loves kisses on the beak but im not allowed to touch her feathers only when she feels like it

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph isn't a snuggly Quaker. He likes being with me, enjoys his scritches, and even likes to hold hands with me (when he's in his cage and I'm sitting nearby, I have to let him hold onto my little finger)-- but no snuggling. :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo likes to snuggle with my feet, between my coffee cup and hand, and my arm. Otherwise, no, and it's only during the spring that he is cuddly :p Bobber is not cuddly bit he's also not tame.

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Sam is a snuggly Quaker. We have nightly preen/snuggle sessions. He loves to have his cheeks rubbed. I also help preen him because of the collar. After a bit he'll sit on my chest and let me snuggle him. I'm very lucky. :xflove:

withoutwingz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elle
Nope. Pretty sure if I tried id be bleeding. My Apollo is a pretty independent Quaker.

Ivy's Momma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy
My Ivy is at times. She was super cuddly when I first got her at 10 weeks. Now, she loves to sit on my shoulder & lean over to steal kisses. A couple times a week, if I have been good, (LOL!) she will reward me by putting her sweet little head under my chin for a few minutes or rub her head on the back of my neck under my hair. I am blessed with a pretty good little girl. She rarely bites & is fairly quite compared to most quakers.