• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is your bird having changes in appearance?

Is your bird going through changes in appearance?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
Harper is having changes in his appearance and his behavior and personality is changing. Is that happening to your bird?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Give more details, please.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Birds, like people, dogs, elephants change all of the time. I don't have the lightest idea what you are trying to get at.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Dora's becoming sweeter. His ring is coming in as well. Maybe 4-5 weeks and it'll be complete. He has started to climb all over me and whisper in my ear "good morning" "are you okay" "watcha doing" and "peekaboo" in his cute voice. Also occasionally he'll come over and give me kisses. He likes riding my hands while I'm typing. Like right now. Also really likes licking my hands. These are all things he has never done before.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
How old is Harper? If he's still young he's probably just moulting into his adult plumage and growing into his personality.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This is all perfectly normal.
Your Tiel is 5-6 months old. Harper is acquiring his adult plumage and going through birdy puberty.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I get where you're coming from. I have a tiel as well and he's losing the grey on his face too. He has the normal yellow face though.
OMG don't they just look so wrong when they go through this?
As for behaviour, he's always been a tetchy demanding so and so.

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
I get where you're coming from. I have a tiel as well and he's losing the grey on his face too. He has the normal yellow face though.
OMG don't they just look so wrong when they go through this?
As for behaviour, he's always been a tetchy demanding so and so.
Yeah

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
Dora's becoming sweeter. His ring is coming in as well. Maybe 4-5 weeks and it'll be complete. He has started to climb all over me and whisper in my ear "good morning" "are you okay" "watcha doing" and "peekaboo" in his cute voice. Also occasionally he'll come over and give me kisses. He likes riding my hands while I'm typing. Like right now. Also really likes licking my hands. These are all things he has never done before.
Aww

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
Birds, like people, dogs, elephants change all of the time. I don't have the lightest idea what you are trying to get at.
It’s just something fun, I wanted to know if other people were going through this with their feathered friends

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
My wife put on the CD player and the song "My heart will go on" .....My Blue front Amazon changed into Celine Dion......does that count?
Her appearance was a bit off but singing wasn't bad.

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
My wife put on the CD player and the song "My heart will go on" .....My Blue front Amazon changed into Celine Dion......does that count?
Her appearance was a bit off but singing wasn't bad.
Yeah. Harper has been making sounds he has never made before. Some of them are like songs and others are like sounds.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yeah. Harper has been making sounds he has never made before. Some of them are like songs and others are like sounds.
Put some bird music on. I use my computer with speakers and play birds in the wild..try it, your bird will love it!