• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is your bird a natural thief too?

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I was eating doritos and Charlie attempted to steal them so I used my hand to move him away from them and he bit me (not hard enough to draw blood)
I don't eat food in our room anymore unless I'm eating carrots or apple or something they can eat too

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
My young 5 month old cockatiel wil try to eat anything I'm eating lol, even if I break off a piece and offer it, she will still want mine. Sigh haha. It all started when she jumped into my bowl of oatmeal... (it wasn't hot ) I now have to hide to eat if it's not bird friendly.

I'm trying to teach her fetch but she runs away with the object lmao.

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
That is so funny! Have enjoyed reading these comments! Clem has never stolen objects, only food off my plate :) she will however bring food from her cage and fly over to sit with me while she eats ❤
@CrazyBirdChick Blu sounds like quite a character, loved reading this thread :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've learned that Jingo can also fly about 10 feet with a whole slice of pizza O_O

He also has no fear of an open bag of chips and will waltz in and take what he wants given a chance.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Whaaat a whole slice of pizza:rofl: Bad boy Jingo:lol:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
My toddler is a "eat a bite then run away" sort and Jingo takes advantage lol. Obviously he didn't get to keep the pizza!! Lol
:hehe: I imagine Jingo waiting till your roddelt runs off, and then quickly sweeping in and flying away with the food:lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I've learned that Jingo can also fly about 10 feet with a whole slice of pizza O_O

He also has no fear of an open bag of chips and will waltz in and take what he wants given a chance.
Titan was a master thief of meatballs...he'd run over to a plate, cop a meatball, and run up my shoulder and hide behind my head to eat it. :sneaky: