• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is this safe or dangerous

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
@JLcribber @Dartman

Can I use these tube lights or is it a fire hazard? The curtains are polyester.

23F6F6AE-A392-4BB6-BAA0-4A0F5C5CF013.jpeg 82E567A5-808D-42A7-AD97-700C743F1DCB.jpeg

The fabric is not touching the tubes.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I think the tubes tend to be hottest right at the ends but I don't think they tend to be hot enough to set anything on fire. I'd make sure you've got a inch or two away from the tubes just to make sure. You could always try a led version of those tubes as I don't think the light itself gets hot though the electronics that drive them do. Costco and others sell led versions of those if you want to check them out.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I think the tubes tend to be hottest right at the ends but I don't think they tend to be hot enough to set anything on fire. I'd make sure you've got a inch or two away from the tubes just to make sure. You could always try a led version of those tubes as I don't think the light itself gets hot though the electronics that drive them do. Costco and others sell led versions of those if you want to check them out.
We have some led ones in storage. I’ll ask my OH to replace it tomorrow. Then it will be safe, right? Thanks Terry!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well I'd set one up and try it out first but pretty sure they stay cool and they draw a lot less juice so might save a bit on electricity for you.
We switched the whole house to 5k white led bulbs last summer so they save a tiny bit more power and are instantly full brightness. Our power company offered a free energy saving kit that included like 6 or 7 led bulbs free and shower heads and things.
I later got a few deals on better quality bulbs on Amazon and seeing how we liked them I stocked up for cheap and did the rest of the house. If you like the normal yellow like regular incandescent bullbs look for 27k color range.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
LEDs are great bulbs.