• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is this lump on the eyelid dangerous?

dumpling98

Walking the driveway
Hello guys! I have had my cockatiel for 3 months. She came with this little dot/lump on one of her eyelids. the other eye is free of any lumps.

It looks fleshy. Is it a tumor or is it normal? Should I consult a vet about it? To remove it?

I might add it doesn't seem to bother the bird. She is active as usual and never shown any signs in these 3 months of problems.

Attachments

Last edited:

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's probably a skin tag but I would get it checked to make sure it's not anything that might endanger her vision.

dumpling98

Walking the driveway
It's probably a skin tag but I would get it checked to make sure it's not anything that might endanger her vision.
It could totally be that. Didn't know birds get it too. I took Candy to the vet last week for another thing ( bitten tongue) and did a whole check. the vet didn't say anything about the eye bump. Either it wasn't noticed or it isn't something critical. Then next time I take her to the vet, I will mention the bump too. thank you for responding so soon!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Maybe you should call them and ask if they noticed it and thought it was OK and just a skin tag or something.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Call the vet tomorrow, not next time you go.

dumpling98

Walking the driveway
Guys, funny story. Candy woke up in the morning without the little bump. Can you believe she had some debries stuck on her eyelid for 3 months? Its because she doesn't like water so so far she hasn't taken a full bath. :eek:

Yesterday I tried to scrumb it while scritching her and it wouldn't move so I figured it is fleshy, but behold, she doesn't have it in the morning. :lol:

I texted my vet yesterday pics and waiting for a reply. its gonna be a funny story to explain.

thank you for the help! I always have the community with me :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Better to be wrong and feel a little silly then ignore something that could have been serious.:)