• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this a good or bad thing to do?

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Today I played a video for Cocoa of two red lored amazons interacting noisily. Her eyes pinned, zooming in and out and she kept lifting her feet high alternating from one foot to the other. She leaned in to the phone and let out all the noises in her repetoire and then some! It was amazing how animated she was and how loud!

Is this good for her to see and hear others of her own kind or is it kind of cruel to get her all worked up as they are not real? She looked excited and happy but got quiet when I turned it off. I am sad I am not in a position to get her a friend of her own kind. She "talks" with my GCCs but this was very different.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's not a problem, when I play various bird songs for Valentine she listens, paces back and forth, she screams at the sounds and the list goes on.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I think it's okay, as long as it doesn't foment nesting or hormonal behavior for you.

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I think it's ok too.

Bug seems like he enjoys it especially when he tries to vocalize along with them, but I'm not always certain. He will climb off his cage and waddle over to sit on my lap to watch videos on the phone. When he pins his eyes, fans his tail, floofs his head and trill/purr I think it's a toss up as to whether he's enjoying it or waiting to plan his attack on the giant birds on the other side of the screen. Other times he'll lunge for the phone (I love gorilla glass!) and I have to turn it off. Then there's Rozika, who he adores. Fern seems to like it.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Oh my goodness! Rozika! :faint:

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think its a bad thing to do. You might want to watch out for your fingers if she's on you though. A wound up amazon can be a biting amazon. Mine always chime in if I turn on a video of someone else's amazon making noise.