• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is This a Bourke's?

Epsilon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelly
Found this sweet bird at the store today, extremely hand tame and was wondering if it was a Bourke's. That's what I immediately assumed but I like to be sure! They were mostly a dusty pink with blue on the wings. Any information is greatly appreciated!
chrome_2017-11-03_19-10-13 (2).jpg

Epsilon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelly
@expressmailtome Ah thank you for the quick reply! Do you know about their general personality? This one seemed to enjoy sitting on my shoulder and playing with my hair.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I feel like they are somewhere inbetween a cockatiel and a finch. Very laid back and calm birds, but can also be flighty, too! Generally not known to be hands on and cuddly birds, but some may enjoy physical attention beyond just sitting on you. They are charming little birds! :)

Biohazard

Moving in
I agree with Monica! Not a great bird for hard core cuddling or physical attention, but very sweet. Jellybean demands attention and enjoys being held, but not touched. They are super quiet which is great for apartment dwellers and those who appreciate that.

Jholeana

Checking out the neighborhood
Yes,it's a Bourke.
If you're thinking about buying it, (or have you already? It looks to be in your avatar) it might be worth having a vet check first. Its nares don't look quite right to me, possibly inflamed?

Epsilon

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelly
Oh no I didn't buy them, they found a home though which is good to hear!