• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is there a place where I can buy bird safe wood branches and see the actual size and shapes?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Did you decide on a stand @CrazyBirdChick ? I am also thinking of investing in one but most of what I have seen are designed for the larger parrots. If you made or purchased one, I would be interested if you had photos to share. Thanks!

I have been eyeing this one, which is on sale right now on Overstock https://www.overstock.com/Pet-Suppl...KWKJEMQUOQUJXU&searchidx=0&recalg=63&recidx=0
I have not purchased one yet. I've just been too scared to buy one online without knowing what it looks like. I was planning on taking a couple of trips to pet stores in my surrounding suburbs to see what they have but I've just been so busy. That is an amazing deal on Overstock though! Hmmm, very tempting....

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
@Hjarta5 , do you know when that sale ends? I can't seem to find any info
I dont know either. When I was first searching for these types of stands, it showed up in my results under Google Express (with the vendor being Overstock) that had a Google promo code for 20% off -- but a cap at $20 total -- that was good until February 3, 2019. But Overstock had it cheaper on its website if you use Overstock's own promo codes since theres no $20 cap.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I dont know either. When I was first searching for these types of stands, it showed up in my results under Google Express (with the vendor being Overstock) that had a Google promo code for 20% off -- but a cap at $20 total -- that was good until February 3, 2019. But Overstock had it cheaper on its website if you use Overstock's own promo codes since theres no $20 cap.
Gosh, I'm so tempted but I'm not sure if I should because I don't know how it looks, or if I should get a small or medium stand. Then also in the back of my mind I keep telling myself that I really shouldn't spend money right now because I really need a new car. But then this type of deal doesn't come around often. Atleast I don't think it does. Gah! I don't know what to do

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Gosh, I'm so tempted but I'm not sure if I should because I don't know how it looks, or if I should get a small or medium stand. Then also in the back of my mind I keep telling myself that I really shouldn't spend money right now because I really need a new car. But then this type of deal doesn't come around often. Atleast I don't think it does. Gah! I don't know what to do
It would definitely be a mystery if you buy through Overstock -- even to Overstock, since it'll be in its original packaging. I did look on Amazon for reviews and photos, and I thought the small would be the right size: Amazon.com : A&E CAGE COMPANY AE250S Java Wood Tree : Bird Perches : Pet Supplies

I think if you have other big expenses right now, a java tree can wait. Im sure Blu wouldnt even miss it ;)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
It would definitely be a mystery if you buy through Overstock -- even to Overstock, since it'll be in its original packaging. I did look on Amazon for reviews and photos, and I thought the small would be the right size: Amazon.com : A&E CAGE COMPANY AE250S Java Wood Tree : Bird Perches : Pet Supplies

I think if you have other big expenses right now, a java tree can wait. Im sure Blu wouldnt even miss it ;)
Thanks for your help, Jennifer! I've been so preoccupied with only considering java trees from sites that show the actual item you will get, that I didn't realize Amazon sells a small size for $300. The sites I was looking at came closer to $400. That's really only about a $70 savings on Overstock....which is still good. But I think I'm going to hold off until I can see one. I do appreciate you sharing that link though! If I didn't have this huge expense coming up I would've risked it and snatched it up

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks for your help, Jennifer! I've been so preoccupied with only considering java trees from sites that show the actual item you will get, that I didn't realize Amazon sells a small size for $300. The sites I was looking at came closer to $400. That's really only about a $70 savings on Overstock....which is still good. But I think I'm going to hold off until I can see one. I do appreciate you sharing that link though! If I didn't have this huge expense coming up I would've risked it and snatched it up
No problem. Do you have the Honey app? Amazon basically bases its prices on its competitors, so Im sure they know that theres a deal going on at Overstock and lowered its published price accordingly. I use the Honey app on my browser so I can see price history, sales, promo codes, etc. Its pretty handy when you are not in urgent need of anything, but just want to see when something goes on sale.

Not sure if the price history graph shows up the same if you dont have the app: Honey

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
No problem. Do you have the Honey app? Amazon basically bases its prices on its competitors, so Im sure they know that theres a deal going on at Overstock and lowered its published price accordingly. I use the Honey app on my browser so I can see price history, sales, promo codes, etc. Its pretty handy when you are not in urgent need of anything, but just want to see when something goes on sale.

Not sure if the price history graph shows up the same if you dont have the app: Honey
What a coincidence! I actually tried to get the honey app on my phone yesterday but it's not available as an app yet. I will have to get it on my home computer though. That sounds like it would be right up my alley! Thanks again!

If you do buy this stand will you please share pics?

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
What a coincidence! I actually tried to get the honey app on my phone yesterday but it's not available as an app yet. I will have to get it on my home computer though. That sounds like it would be right up my alley! Thanks again!

If you do buy this stand will you please share pics?
Yes, of course.

And regarding the app, sorry :o: I couldnt think of the name (extension) for the plug-in on the browser, so I just said it was an app. You are right, its not an app -- just an extension you can add to your internet browser :)