• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is TD sick?

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Good to know T.D. isn't sick. I keep a blanket on three sides of my Little Parakeets cage when its cold . Leaving the front open , keeps them nice and cozy. We are actually having a winter this year in California.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Wish I could help on the perch but its great news about TD

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Kodigirl210

I made a bird bed from a boing & non-pill arctic fleece. I understand you can buy ones already made at most stores. You simply make a spiral out of the bottom of the boing then attach and weave strips of fleece throut the spiral.
30649094-37EB-431E-AB05-0B8EB8461ED2.jpeg 2A0D4D4D-97FC-442A-AC37-1EAA6047B382.jpeg 45B37EC7-4043-4B4B-B3CB-01D388D45E05.jpeg

Last edited:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck

Kodigirl210

I got the boing from Amazon for $3.50 & the fleece from Walmart. I bought 1-yard ($4) though honestly I could have gotten by with 1/2-yard easily. That one was made for our conure & she loves it. Anytime she sleeps it’s nestled in the little bed. The big girl sleeps in a tent with a heating pad underneath. AA72A0AB-1A0B-4132-94D7-0A6634E8E77A.jpeg

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne

Kodigirl210

The great part is that it only took about an hour to do the first time & about 1/2 hour the second time.

The other part is that it’s so cheap, I can update it with a new one anytime it’s gets worn out or too dirty. Since it’s used every day/night I will probably replace it every couple months. :fairy2::laundry::cool4:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
The great part is that it only took about an hour to do the first time & about 1/2 hour the second time.

The other part is that it’s so cheap, I can update it with a new one anytime it’s gets worn out or too dirty. Since it’s used every day/night I will probably replace it every couple months. :fairy2::laundry::cool4:

I like to recycle their toys and swings. Your fleece boing is a great idea, Isabelle my MM2 is a one bird Demolition Derby, she unravels the boings and orbit swings. They have a fleece swing hoop that i keep re-wraping vet wrap and fleece ties. I have an idea to make Dream Catcher swing hoops ,with fleece and arrange things like finger traps, cork, mahogany pods, beads ,pine, and other fun goodies for them tied with leather cord.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
@Just-passn-thru - Wow! That sounds really awesome. Your isabelle sounds like a real pistol & one of those birds that takes pleasure in proving there is no object they can’t destroy lol. Good Luck:laughing12::lol:
You're assessment of "Dear Isabelle" is remarkably accurate. I don't want Isabelle's antics to hijack @Alien J (Janet's thread ).
So I'm going to redirect back to T.D...i hope all is well and it was just a passing event and nothing more will come of it.
:joyful:
20190118_142329.jpg