• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is SpotLight Aviary a legit African Grey Breeder

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
How is Ana a scam artist? I've met her, she does raise birds. I can't speak for their quality or their care under her, though.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How is Ana a scam artist? I've met her, she does raise birds. I can't speak for their quality or their care under her, though.
Just because she raises birds doesn't mean she isn't a scam artist. Do a few Google searches and see for yourself.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Just because she raises birds doesn't mean she isn't a scam artist. Do a few Google searches and see for yourself.
I did, and I didn't find anything concrete. You just dragged someone's name through the dirt, so back it up with some facts.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Honestly, I don't even necessarily like her. When I met her she was rude to my girlfriend and I. But I know people who have known her and worked with her for years and find it hard to believe that she's a scammer. All I can find online (between hundreds of glowing reviews) are a few complaints from questionable sources.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did, and I didn't find anything concrete. You just dragged someone's name through the dirt, so back it up with some facts.
Again, do your own search. It isn't difficult to find.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not saying she doesn't have clientele but she is definitely not an honest person. I've done my own searching and learned for myself. If someone chooses to do business with her, then so be it, but I am making it known to those who may not know, that doing business with her is a huge gamble which has a high possibility of not working in their favor. She is a con artist who knows how to bend the rules in her favor. Some get lucky and figure it out, others are left to clean up the mess.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Again, do your own search. It isn't difficult to find.
You called her a scam artist, so you need to back it up. I was taught growing up that all someone has is their good name and reputation, and that taking that away was very, very serious. This is going to show up in Google searches for her, so please, present your case.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I'm not saying she doesn't have clientele but she is definitely not an honest person. I've done my own searching and learned for myself. If someone chooses to do business with her, then so be it, but I am making it known to those who may not know, that doing business with her is a huge gamble which has a high possibility of not working in their favor. She is a con artist who knows how to bend the rules in her favor. Some get lucky and figure it out, others are left to clean up the mess.
If you have facts, share them. If you have stories, share them. Don't use the "search for yourself" cop-out. It's impossible to defend oneself against "search for yourself".

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You called her a scam artist, so you need to back it up. I was taught growing up that all someone has is their good name and reputation, and that taking that away was very, very serious. This is going to show up in Google searches for her, so please, present your case.
She is a scam artist. I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I'd be here all day listing sources that could easily be found with a simple search. I would never do business with her or encourage anyone else to unless they had time and money to waste. You can view her in whatever light you must buy for those who aren't aware of her ways, I've put it out there in hopes of sparing the next person and bird the heartache of being her puppet.
Check out Ripoff Report for starters if it so pleases you. This is ONE of many sources that are out there.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh for god's sake...go look! I came up with this and just this would absolutely turn me away in a heart beat!

https://www.ripoffreport.com/report...temple-1300-parrot-died-from-polyomav-1226869

Anas Parrots, Pocono Ana - Bird broker, not breeders sells ill birds, Review 743603 | ComplaintsBoard

Ana's Parrots Reviews - Scamity.com

I won't even read them, the simple fact that they are out there is enough to scare me away. It might not be fair but that's how sensitive I am about buying a baby, especially a grey. There are a number of incredibly reputable grey breeders out there, not to mention a whole slew of adults who need homes...wouldn't touch this woman with a ten foot pole. Obviously, someone was not happy with her service!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh for god's sake...go look! I came up with this and just this would absolutely turn me away in a heart beat!

https://www.ripoffreport.com/report...temple-1300-parrot-died-from-polyomav-1226869

Anas Parrots, Pocono Ana - Bird broker, not breeders sells ill birds, Review 743603 | ComplaintsBoard

Ana's Parrots Reviews - Scamity.com

I won't even read them, the simple fact that they are out there is enough to scare me away. It might not be fair but that's how sensitive I am about buying a baby, especially a grey. There are a number of incredibly reputable grey breeders out there, not to mention a whole slew of adults who need homes...wouldn't touch this woman with a ten foot pole. Obviously, someone was not happy with her service!

Thank you! Didn't think I'd have to spell it out.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Most of the links deal with the same case, in which someone bought two eclectus parrots and one died from polyoma but the other was negative. They then tried to get their money for both back. While it's tragic, they can't prove that the disease came from Ana. Plus the fact that they tried to get their money for both birds back (while, you know, keeping the healthy one) makes it sound like a scammer blackmailing her. It's hard to believe that anyone would do that, but there are some really unscrupulous people out there.
One of the links is just unreadable gibberish. And another is so racist that I have trouble taking anything they say seriously.
As to the accusation that she is, in fact, a broker and not a breeder, I have no idea. That would make her no different than bird stores, though. As to the accusation that you can't come meet the bird before buying it, that's no longer true. She now has a small bird store on her property with her birds and some supplies and cages.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I'm any case I'm through arguing about this. I just can't stand seeing someone's name dragged without receipts. And while "Google it" may sound fine, it not only puts the burden of disproving accusations on the accused, but also of finding accusations to defend oneself against, which doesn't seem fair to me.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm any case I'm through arguing about this. I just can't stand seeing someone's name dragged without receipts. And while "Google it" may sound fine, it not only puts the burden of disproving accusations on the accused, but also of finding accusations to defend oneself against, which doesn't seem fair to me.
You have your sources, what you do with it is irrelevant to me. The reviews speak for themselves.