• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is spiky about to lay eggs ??confused. Please help

nabeela

Walking the driveway
Its 8th day now. still no opening for eyes. its normal right.

nabeela

Walking the driveway
I am attaching a video thru URL . i wanted to ask you all something . there's a strange voice which my elder baby cockatiel produces . what does it actually mean. one more egg hatched btw 2 days back. and another last egg is also going to get hatched as the baby inside is making sounds inside the egg. so I'm going to have a tough time.
Please do watch the video and let me know what it means.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:omg::faint: So darn cute! What happened>? I thought you froze them.
Was afraid when the older ones head was down but it ate. Younger ones head is so small.

Spiky is a momma...Looks like she is doing well!

Wishing everyone a healthy life!

Last edited:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
If you mean the hissing sound, you are being threatened to keep you away from the babies. It is their defensive warning and if you continue to observe, you will see the bird rock back and forth with their mouth open as a threat to bite. Your babies look great.

nabeela

Walking the driveway
Thats hissing sound is made by the elder kid. the second baby is just 2 days old. that's he is so tiny. :swoon: yes thats spiky , the cuttie momma

nabeela

Walking the driveway
I refrigerated the eggs for 15 hours. yet they hatched. the one i froze actually cracked . so i decided not to freeze it. i froze the very first egg she hatched for around 2 hours . and then it cracked coz of being too cold

nabeela

Walking the driveway
Do the baby cockatiel around 20 days old male loud sounds when eating food from their mom's beak?? because my baby doesn't make loud sounds. his sound is very low. I'm worried sort of

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Do the baby cockatiel around 20 days old male loud sounds when eating food from their mom's beak?? because my baby doesn't make loud sounds. his sound is very low. I'm worried sort of
They do not make loud noises while they are eating as they have food entering their mouths.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Mom will hiss while defending the chicks, chicks hiss at any movement around them. It is all instinct, they are not hissing you specifically. Remember in the wild everything hungry will eat them if it can get to them.

nabeela

Walking the driveway
My male cockatiel fluffy is lutino plane breed .. and spiky is pearl pied i guess. then their babies will become which breed.??

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Very complicated genetics. I have no idea except according to genetic diversity can make them anything carried in their genes. Others here do actual breeding on purpose and will have answers to your questions. I just knew that my Gracie, being an "albino" (all white) carried white face and lutino genes, and my cock, Chip, was a certified Normal (wild colored with black, yellow and orange) would produce anything from Cinnamon to lutino to white face. I found generally they produced Cinnamon hens and Normal cocks. Only one chick in twelve (or there abouts) would be a lutino or a white face. Of the 22 chicks they produced through their life, all but one were Cinnamon and Normals. I had one hen chick who was a dark golden pearl. Unfortunately, she died in a flight accident when she was three months old.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
My male cockatiel fluffy is lutino plane breed .. and spiky is pearl pied i guess. then their babies will become which breed.??

Lutino x Pearl Pied (not breed, mutation)
100% Normal males split lutino pearl pied
100% Lutino females split pied

That is, assuming there are no hidden mutations.

nabeela

Walking the driveway
Lutino x Pearl Pied (not breed, mutation)
100% Normal males split lutino pearl pied
100% Lutino females split pied

That is, assuming there are no hidden mutations.
Can i get the image of the cockatiel breed you are talking about

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Can i get the image of the cockatiel breed you are talking about
Which mutation do you mean? The normal or the lutino?