• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is my Ringneck is sick

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
I have a Indian Ringneck.From some days I am noticing that she is making different type of shouting sound.When she shouts she makes different type of sound like what plum headed parakeets makes.She talk in her own voice but sometimes shouts in different sound and sometimes in her own sound.Is it normal.....My parrot other behaviour are absolutely normal but I have seen somewhere that change in voice is not good

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
A change in voice from normal to rough, scratchy or broken can sometimes means that the bird has a throat, esophogial or syrnix infection. The most worrisome thing about a change in voice is that it can be one of the first signs of Aspergillosis.

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
She has no sound like rough scratchy or broken.She makes different types of sound.She has clear and high pitch sound like that of plum headed parakeet....

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It sounds like she's mimicking your other birds? My cockatiel used to mimic sounds and other birds all the time. If that's what she's doing, it's normal.

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Yes during her playing time she shouts and talks a lot.She talks freely in her own voice but when she shouts she makes a high pitch noise which is quiet same as my plum headed parakeet voice but not exactly same...