• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Is my plum headed parrot sick?

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Hello frnds I have plum headed parakeet and in December 2017 his small tail came and now grown 15 cm long. The day when his tail started to grow from that day I am noticing that this tail slightly (1-1.5cm) moves up and down always.I also take him to vet but he said that it is normal but I know that tail bobbing is sign to respiratory infection but he does not shown any other symptoms of respiratory infection.From December onwards he bobs his tail.I have uploaded video on you tube .
this is my video link.Please see my video and tell me that is there any thing wrong with my

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Some of my birds Bob the tail with normal breathing,,did your vet take a fecal test, or crop swab to check for any bacterial or yeast issues?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have a bird who bobs her tail like that, and she’s perfectly healthy. I think it’s just normal for her. Is your vet an avian vet? It is always good to make sure.

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
I am not sure whether he is avain vet or not but he was a veterinary doctor in zoo and now he is professor in veterinary collage.He also does not done any tests to my parrot.

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Friends 20 mins ago I noticed to my small plum headed parrot that he was trying to adjust his crop and making a strange sound ( sound similar to when we tears a paper) he does it for 10 mins and then now he is ok.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. You may want to bring your bird to vet and have some tests done just to make sure there are no issues and also to get a baseline. Some birds have slight tail bobbing and there is nothing wrong. Also birds do crop adjustments from time to time. BTW, welcome to AA. What is your plum head's name?

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
There is not vet available near me only one vet is available who told that my cesar is ok.There is only slightly tail bob and nothing more.He is prefectly all right but I only see tail bobbing in him.He shouts,plays,always tries to cut his perch wood,eats well and also sleeps on one leg.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
It honestly could just be scared. Plum heads stress very easily and can take a long time to trust their owners. It may seem like you've had him for a while, but to him you may still be a stranger. I also don't see any toys or anything in cage, that also could add to that stress because he feels like he's out on display for any person or predator to see. I would keep a close eye either way, but this is just another possibility. I wish you did have an avian vet near you though, I know sometimes they aren't very common. :(

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Hello friends I am giving a link my plum headed parakeet sometimes does this for 1-2 minutes.
Is it ok or not.In the video parrot is not mine but he is doing same as in the video.

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Hello friends I know it is bird site but I have a red eared slider turtle and I am noticing 1 very small white dot on my turtle shell and littlt bit white shades so is it shell rot or normal

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Since this is a thread about a plum head, I would start a thread in the reptile section for your turtle to get more attention.

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Hello friends from 2-3 I am noticing that my Indian Ringneck is rubbing her eyes and little bit beak in her perch.She is perfectly all right her eyes is also good and clear.Is there any problem or it is normal due to weather

Aditya Dhanran

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adi
Sir I have a indian ringneck she has a little bit swelling above her left eye but not on right side.I have uploaded a video of my ringneck please see my video and tell me whether it is normal or not?