• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Is my baby thin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Lol that is my nickname for it cuz it smells so bad after mixing it all together.:hehe:
:hehe::hehe: Not a veggie lover, huh? ;) Glad he will be OK, I was worried.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I hope your baby's health continues to improve. Please keep us posted.

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Good job coming here for help & advice and for taking quick action to help your baby.

As has been said, please keep us posted, and more pics as well...good luck to you & your baby.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Just was checking in this evening to see how your little one was doing.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Yes, he is definitely very skinny. I'm glad you were able to get him to a vet:)

One thing: I think you mentioned you're feeding him every four hours including over night? If his crop isn't totally emptying as you said I would not feed him overnight. I only ever feed between 7am-11pm. It is important that the crop totally empties once a day (ie- overnight) so no food is left to go sour.

Perhaps it is something to talk to your vet about though. Since he is so thin he might need the extra nutrition from more feedings, I don't know. But the crop not emptying is worrying.

I am raising some babies right now including two cockatiels and something I noticed about the tiels (these are the first tiels I've raised and they are about a month old now) is that they always act hungry! Even if I've just fed them they are still begging for more. I have to refuse them any more food or I think they'd eat until they exploded lol. They are very good eaters, chunky little babies! Cute little brats:)

Perry

Sitting on the front steps
I will start a new thread in the cockatiel thread but I was just wanting to answer a few questions before starting one. The vet I took Rango to did not believe he had any food in his crop, that it was just a loose stomach. And doctor said that he needs to be feed until he doesn't want any more and he has been doing better since we have been doing that, we just feed him slow.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am glad to hear that you baby is doing well. I cant wait for more photos :)

Perry

Sitting on the front steps
Here is where I will keep everyone posted on updates on my poor little Rango as he hopefully gets better.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Since Perry has started a new thread ( see above post for link ) I am closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.