1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Krem a good weight for his age?

Discussion in 'Nursery Rhyme Drive' started by Garet, 5/19/18.

1. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    Managed to get the little bugger on a gram scale. He's about 3 months old and weighs 40 grams. He seems like he was the runt of his clutch and he seems tiny for a personata lovebird. Eats like a horse though.

20180519_183236.jpg

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Bump.

Garet likes this.
  3. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    I have no experience with lovies other then peachies, but when Fëanor came here he was about 8 months old. He weighed a bit over 40 grams and was a good bit smaller then Henkie(60 grams). Now he is somewhere around 1,5 years old and weighs 58/59 grams... I think his weight gain had a lot to do with muscle and normal weight gain, but he has also grown in size as he is now as big as Henkie? I don’t know to what age they normally grow in size. Maybe it had to do with his improved diet.
    https://www.parrots.org/encyclopedia/masked-lovebird
    According to that website personatas weigh between 43 and 50 grams, could be he is just a Tiny boy!

4. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    Could be! I try to make sure he's eating and he's really good about flapping when not in his cage, but he's such a smol guy. I'm hoping he'll get big and strong someday soon, though.

I'm wondering if it's the clip keeping him small. Sorely tempted to try offering additional hand feedings too... I know his clutchmates are older, but I saw a pic of his big brother and he's giant in comparison. He's also clipped too.

TikiMyn likes this.
  5. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    Fea was clipped too, perhaps it does have something to do with that! Hope little Krem becomes big and strong when he grows up:roflmao:
    Just for comparison, this was Fëanor Maybe a month after coming home, and the second one is now:
    E2E81F31-0662-4034-8F22-D914D88D903C.jpeg
    954658CC-7903-497E-97A5-85AB20F25296.jpeg

6. BirdManDan

BirdManDan Rollerblading along the road Vendor

Dan
    We used to have several loveies and weight will vary from bird to bird but he is not skinny looking at all so I wouldn't worry about it, especially since he is a good eater. Unless he starts to show signs of being under weight I think you should be fine!

TikiMyn likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)