• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it snowing there yet???

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It's supposed to get to 40 this afternoon so what little stuck will hopefully melt. Son James is flying to NC to visit a close Marine friend & family; hopefully he won't get stuck @ ORD waiting for his flight to leave.

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
I don't live at home anymore but I always had to do the shoveling, though thankfully Maryland isn't well-known for its heavy snowfall so I was just lucky. I definitely agree with you on the slippery factor though -- I've had some good falls.
Ooooooooooh, Ulpiana, that's a beautiful sun you have there. Just beautiful! I'd like to see some pix of him/her.

It's Friday, 8am, and 30F here in central Arkansas but is supposed to get up to 63 today with no signs of snow anywhere.
Now, that's getting closer to what I like. :yes3:

Last edited:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
9:45 and 30f in Springfield Oh and wet snow is still on the cars and in patches on the lawns.

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
Ooooooooooh, Ulpiana, that's a beautiful sun you have there. Just beautiful! I'd like to see some pix of him/her.

It's Friday, 8am, and 30F here in central Arkansas but is supposed to get up to 63 today with no signs of snow anywhere.
Now, that's getting closer to what I like. :yes3:

She says thanks :D The person I adopted her from told me that she is a Sun conure, but I think she's actually a Sunday. Her face & chest look like a Sun's, whereas her wings are very close to a Jenday's (save for those few yellow specks).

Here she is!
IMG_8470.JPG IMG_8471.JPG IMG_8472.JPG
(once upon a time I used to sew her her own cozy huts, but she kept shredding them up too fast for me to keep up with so now she just settles for snuggling into the sleeves of any cozy pajamas I happen to be wearing, lol)

Last year when it snowed, I went out and filled a bowl up with snow for her to interact with. She was extremely interested at first, but her fascination was quickly lost once she seemingly figured out that its cold :wacky: I tried to find the video I filmed of her disgust at it, but I can't find it unfortunately. I do wonder if there are any birds that do happen to like it though.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Yes, I think you might be right, Ulpiana, it does look more like a Sunday then a Sun Conure. If it still had greenish spots on the head and chest, like mine does, I would have to say that it was a baby sun but it doesn't.
Still very pretty tho. :yes3:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No Snow here in the valley of the sun... thank you! Its chilly though,,,57F right now..

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Shut the Front Door! It snowed here for most of the day. 29 years ago we moved here from NJ and it was doing this. Some things never change.

And I'm not even talking about the temps - chilly my derriere! Try 32-34.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Shut the Front Door! It snowed here for most of the day. 29 years ago we moved here from NJ and it was doing this. Some things never change.

And I'm not even talking about the temps - chilly my derriere! Try 32-34.
Oh h<[[ no! That's way too cold for me...