• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it snowing there yet???

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Long Island has its first snow. After last winter, I wasn't expecting us to get anything this month.

I enjoy the bueaty of a snowfall but would happily skip the commute in one.

Attachments

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We’ve got about 8 inches here in PA and it’s still coming down. I got a call from work wanting me to try to come in :meh: I work at a hospital so they need coverage but I’m not going out there unless they really need me to and even then I could try but I don’t think I’d get far

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Been snowing here since noon. Like layer of snow. I think it's just gonna stay cold and all of it will freeze causing ice. Which means tomorrow morning I'll have to sit in the car for abit while I defrost the windshield cause I'm a silly lady that doesnt have any snow brush/ice pick

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Just started here.

"Snow will begin early this evening and continue into Friday.
Total snowfall amounts are expected to be in the 10 to 15 cm range, with most of the snow falling tonight.
The snow will become mixed with rain on Friday as temperatures edge above the zero degree mark.
This snow is associated with a deepening low pressure system moving along the Eastern Seaboard of the United States."

Abbie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Abbie
We had just a little on Monday morning and got a lot of sleet and a little more snow last night here in Kentucky. I love it! It’s so beautiful!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
We’ve got about 8 inches here in PA and it’s still coming down. I got a call from work wanting me to try to come in :meh: I work at a hospital so they need coverage but I’m not going out there unless they really need me to and even then I could try but I don’t think I’d get far
Been snowing here since noon. Like layer of snow. I think it's just gonna stay cold and all of it will freeze causing ice. Which means tomorrow morning I'll have to sit in the car for abit while I defrost the windshield cause I'm a silly lady that doesnt have any snow brush/ice pick
This was my introduction to snow, having moved to the U.S. in March 1977 - Northeastern United States blizzard of 1978 - Wikipedia

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
This was my introduction to snow, having moved to the U.S. in March 1977 - Northeastern United States blizzard of 1978 - Wikipedia
I wasn’t alive then lol I love the snow (I ski) but it sucks working at a place that can never close and being an extremely important part of patient care. It would be nice to have a job that just closes and you get a free day off, instead when it snows all we health care workers get is anxiety lol

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I really liked skiing though I didn't really ski that much. I learned how to in the UP in Iron Mountain when I was about 26 or 27? Didn't help that my then OH was a clutz and could fall over on skis while standing still. We were both taught how to ski at the same time by another couple (part of a group). My knees now (both replaced) don't "kneel" so unfortunately skiing would be uncomfortable. I also cross countried w/friends but I never got the hang of going uphill.

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
We just got our first snow here in NY. Campus has been turned into a winter wonderland

IMG_8453.jpg IMG_8456.JPG
(second photo is not mine; it was taken by someone else today and posted online but it's too gorgeous not to share)

Snow has stopped; I'm really hoping we get some good heavy snowfall sometime this season. I will never understand anyone who doesn't like snow :wacky:

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I really liked skiing though I didn't really ski that much. I learned how to in the UP in Iron Mountain when I was about 26 or 27? Didn't help that my then OH was a clutz and could fall over on skis while standing still. We were both taught how to ski at the same time by another couple (part of a group). My knees now (both replaced) don't "kneel" so unfortunately skiing would be uncomfortable. I also cross countried w/friends but I never got the hang of going uphill.
I started skiing in 5th grade and been going every season since, it’s an addiction lol it’s become too boring for me so last year I started to try snowboarding. I love being on the mountain in the fresh air

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
@Drini I have to admit that snow does make the landscape look pretty when everything is brown and dormant. It's the shovelling I don't like or the slippery factor.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I started skiing in 5th grade and been going every season since, it’s an addiction lol it’s become too boring for me so last year I started to try snowboarding. I love being on the mountain in the fresh air
MN didn't exactly have much of a skiing landscape except for cross country.

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
@Drini I have to admit that snow does make the landscape look pretty when everything is brown and dormant. It's the shovelling I don't like or the slippery factor.

I don't live at home anymore but I always had to do the shoveling, though thankfully Maryland isn't well-known for its heavy snowfall so I was just lucky. I definitely agree with you on the slippery factor though -- I've had some good falls.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I don't live at home anymore but I always had to do the shoveling, though thankfully Maryland isn't well-known for its heavy snowfall so I was just lucky. I definitely agree with you on the slippery factor though -- I've had some good falls.
Friends in MN took my ex & I ice skating which I'd never done before & Marc was no help. Survived the ice skating indoors only to slip on ice getting to the car and throwing my knee out. I now walk like a penguin in winter.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I grew up in S. America and only moved to the U.S. when I was 22. I'd seen snow in Belgium (courtesy of my ex) but in Antwerp and suburbs it didn't really accumulate. It was really only visible from highways driving through farmland.

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Well, its morning and it's now all nice and Slipper and I even skidded on the slippery wet snow going to my car!! Its gonna all melt today cause it's already 40 degrees. I'm just happy my windshield wasnt frozen with ice!