• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

is it possible?

Mommabird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Patricia
I have 2 American Budgies and 2 English budgies. My English budgies will soon be coming out of quarantine into a divided double flight cage with my American budgies on the other side of the divider. Is it possible that after a while could I remove the divider and let all 4 live together in a double flight cage? I have 2 females and 2 males. Very curious if this would work. I see the youtube videos by loveofpets, I see her budgies altogether, just wondering if I could do the same with mine.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
May I ask why they would not be fine together? I mean, are you speaking of the size difference? I would think if they all like each other, it'd be great... they're all Budgies, right? I doubt they're going to get into ethnocentric, or transcendental wars, or even logistic wars... Hope not!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bump4:

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
They will be perfectly happy and fine together. I currently have all my americans and English in flight cages, no issues at all.

Sparkles83221

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ella
So happy to see this. An English is the last of his clutch and they have Americans right now . Was hoping to combine the two if there's a connection between us.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
My two are very different sizes and do great together! @Fergus Mom sounds right!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have had them together in the past also without any problems. I have also had a cockatiel live with three budgies without any problems. It depends on the birds but budgies are generally fine in my experience, I never had any problems with putting the two together.