1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Cardboard Safe?

Discussion in 'Safety Avenue' started by MartinAndIndigo, 4/14/18.

1. MartinAndIndigo

MartinAndIndigo Meeting neighbors

Christina
    Recently, I have been toying around with creating my own homemade toys for my budgies: Martin and Lilac. However, while scanning the interwebs for some cute ideas, I have stumbled upon many articles explaining why you should not use cardboard from paper towel rolls, toilet paper rolls, mailing boxes, and food boxes. Can I get someone to clarify, or explain the correct use? Thank you so much! :)

2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor Tailgating Party! BINGO CHAMPION I Can't Stop Posting!

Shawna
    it depends :)

This is a good article about the glues: Flock Call - Paper Rolls and Glue, is it safe?

Toilet paper rolls I don't use merely because of the bacteria that could be on them. I also don't give my birds used mailing boxes in case of fumes or contact with things during transit. However food boxes and paper towel rolls I have had no issues giving it to my rats or birds.

MartinAndIndigo and Peachfaced like this.
  3. MartinAndIndigo

MartinAndIndigo Meeting neighbors

Christina
    Thanks! Will check out the link! Another question, is it possible that my birds can choke on the cardboard? Thanks again.

Last edited: 4/14/18

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)