• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is birdscomfort a legit retailer?

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
I've been on the hunt for this cage for MONTHS now and it's out of stock on petco, amazon, and mybirdstore. I called the company and was told it would be back in stock July 16th, then called again and now they say it will be two weeks to a month. Well, I'm running out of patience and I found another site selling it for much cheaper and it's on the a and e cage company list of retailers.

Still a little unsure of the site though since this is the cheapest I've seen and it seems to be in stock.

AE Playtop Medium Parrot Cage 32x23 - by BirdsComfort.com

If it's legit though I'm buying this right away!!

List of Retailers
Petco
Amazon

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I believe they're legit (I think @rockybird ordered an HQ double flight there?), but I don't think shipping is included in the price. Just something to be aware of, since shipping can be quite hefty and other sites include shipping.

Last edited:

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Oh boy I didn't notice that, I live in Washington State so I bet having this shipped so far would be expensive. I'll call and ask about it. Thank you!

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Called and the store and they didn't seem like they knew what the cage was, and the guy said he wouldn't be able to give a shipping price unless I emailed him and he said he wasn't on his computer so he would get back to me when he could.
I don't think I'll be buying the cage from that store now. I called A&E again and they remembered me (I've called a bunch of times within the last couple months asking for this cage) and they offered to take my phone number and call on Friday to see if they got it in with their shipment.

Hopefully they'll have it in, if I have to wait too much longer I might go ahead and buy a flight cage as a temporary/extra cage in case my bird is ready before this cage is.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you can wait a bit you might be able to get one at mybirdstore.com using a coupon and saving money. Right now they have a 10% off coupon but sometimes they offer 20% or 25% off of cages. I remember considering getting a cage from birdscomfort and they had to send me info regarding shipping charges. I didn't purchase from them, btw. From their faq page:

3.Why don't we offer free shipping for our items?

In the beginning we decided to our webpage to offer only Free Shipping as more of the online stores do. But this way the price that is calculated for the product is the same for all our clients nevertheless in which part of the USA they live. So it is no fair for the client especially for this one who lives nearer our store, this is just the case with you and so the client pays more than the real price . That is why We decided the prices of the products to be as low as possible /in which you can be sure by observing similar webpages of the competition and I guess that you have already did so), as the client pays in addition for the delivery - but just as much as the rates of UPS or DHL. This way our clients that are nearer the store pay less for the delivery than other clients that live far. This fairer, isn't it?

Can't make much sense out of this but the bottom line is no free shipping.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes, I was very happy with my experience with bird comfort. They were the only ones I could get a double flight cage in white from. THey told me the cage was in a ship on its way to America and kept me updated by email as to its progress. It arrived much quicker than I thought in good condition. I would order from them again. I do think I paid shipping on top of the cage price, and I cant remember how the total price compared to other companies because I really wanted the white.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
They are legit! I bought Buckbeak's cage from them. :) It arrived in great shape.

Edit: I did have to pay an additional $70-something for shipping, just as a heads up. However, it arrived a day earlier than anticipated, and, like I said, it was in great shape.

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Thanks for the info everyone! I think I'm going to try and wait it out to see if anyone else gets it in this month so I don't have to pay shipping, but at least I know now that they're okay. Might go back and order it if it takes too long anywhere else.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Last edited: