• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is an IPad safe?

should I stop letting My cockatiel play with the iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
So my tiel really loves my iPad. She flies to it, tries to lick or move random colours , then proceeds to try to tear off the iPad buttons, poke her beak in the adapter hole. Is this safe? Lol. She has had no luck getting the buttons off, I must admit the buttons seem pretty sturdy. If it is okay to let her continue, how should I disinfect my iPad? I've been cleaning it with abit of soap and damp towel, then using damp towel to take off the soap.. then waiting til he next day for her to play with it again. She really likes the cat fish game where u catch fish in the iPad, lol.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I would let her use it, under supervision of course:) about the Cleaning, I am not sure. It seems a really good idea but I have no idea what is safe for both the iPad and your fid

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
My guys play with the iPad they like to tap the screen as it makes a cool noise as well as slide down it. Though I would be worried that they would get a shock or got stuck if they started to poke their beaks in the charging holes (Or break it).

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
I don’t have tiels but when my budgies have their outside time, they will stand on top of my ipad if I’m watching a video or something. They are very curious when it comes to those moving pictures :lol:
They seem very happy when playing with it so i let them do it and climb around.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I clean my phone and tablet with a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.