• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

IRN cage requirements

cat99

Moving in
Hi - I need to know if I can safely house an IRN with 1 inch bar spacing. I live in AK and getting a cage at all into Bush Alaska is minimum 600-800 shipping or the cost of entire trip to Seattle plus shipping if I do it myself.

Having said that I have cape and IRN babies arriving about Sam time and A&e makes a double stacked 40x30 untitled with 1 inch bars and king cages makes a ginormous double cage also with 1 inch bars. Paying one big unit shipping is way better than 2 med sized separate cages.

So I’m trying to find a solution and well... it’s just crazy hard. With no worry on spending 2500.00 I could but 2 separate whatever cages and that would cover them with shipping. That’s just painful. So does anyone have an IRN safely in 1 inch bars.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'd like to know that too. I have many Bird safe trees on my property but hesitate to bring anything inside for them to play with.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Could you build something? If it really is going to be that much for shipping it is something to think about. I normally get a cage that is the largest for my budget. So if my budget was 800$ just for shipping I would build a fabulous aviary for my boys. I do not know bar spacing for an IRN, but 1" seems too big.

lutino-indian-ringneck-1.jpg

Here is an old thread from this group. It might help get you on the right track :)

Can I see your Indian Ringneck Set-up? | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Have you considered looking into the double wide cages with 1/2" bar spacing???
6421 White - 64"x21"x65" Double Flight Cage with Divider

If space is an issue, they do make a double stack option....
13221-2 White - 32"x21"x74" Double Stack Flight Cage

They also have "extra large" flight cages that, with some handywork, could be split into two cages...
4030FL White - 40"x30"x72" Extra Large Flight Cage

Or there's this....
100B-2 Green 38''x29"x74'' Two Story Pitched Roof Aviary

They even have corner aviaries in different sizes....
Aviaries

HQ also has some options...
HQ Large Bird Aviary with Horizontal Divider - by My Bird Cage
HQ Double Ramp Style Play Top Cage 32x23 - by My Bird Cage

cat99

Moving in
Sooo Ironic. I had ordered the F050 xlarge flight by prevue Hendrix and it was $169 including shipping. Enormous well constructed cage which I’m pretty sure is adequate at least for time being for my Juvenile IRN coming in Julne. It arrived in an enormous box and really I can’t figure why Amazon shipped it free. Lucky me. The canaries can hav the 2nd one as I bought 2.
Thanks for the other ideas I’m looking them over. If I were handy I would build but I’m not and building materials are sky high here. Everything comes on a plane so it’s all expensive. My fav example is 1 gal bleach I’d $10.00 here and 99 cents statside simply bc it came on a plane. Air cargo costs a bunch unless it’s food which has special slightly less crazy high rates. LOL

Attachments