• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
No, but they sure are adorable:xflove:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I love the name applebutter, btw. I LOVE APPLEBUTTER. so yummy!:)

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
I adopted one on Sunday and was hoping to get some tips on this breed. I had been looking for another Shepard/ mix after mine passed from cancer but came home with this lively lass instead.

I'm glad you like the name Applebutter, I like Applebutter as well, have you ever made it homemade in a crock pot?

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
I don't have one but I know they are a very popular breed in my area at the moment. They appear to be quite biddable.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
aww, what a cutie!!:heart::heart::heart: Congrats on your new friend. That is very exciting. Also, I am very sorry for your loss:sadhug2:

I have never made my own applebutter. Sounds like a great idea though!:laughing12:

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
Thank you! It still makes me sad about losing my old dog. He had a tumor in his mouth, he grew worse by the day, stopped eating and lost the use of his back legs at the end. The day we had to put him to sleep his tumor was bleeding all over the floor. He still had his mind and knew what was going on which made it even more sad. I don't know if I'll ever get over it. He was 14 years old.

Oona ( means lamb) in Irish is somewhat of a handful. She's seven but acts like a puppy, apparently this breed acts youthful all their lives...and she's mischevious when left alone, when I leave on the weekends I plan to board her at the vet while gone lol...

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love her name :) she's a precious lamb :heart:

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Our neighbors have one that is a puppy. He is adorable and such a playful happy guy. Yours is beautiful as well.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful dog! I use to show them along with other terriers. They are a very actice breed normally. We call them Soft Coated Wheatons. I love their soft fur! It is generally very wavy and must be brushed out regularly. It can matt easily. Never bath without brushing out first. You will need to visit the groomers about 4 times a year. I love them in their standard clip.
softweaton.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! Cute pup.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
my sister had one. he was a really smart dog.
he understood every single thing everyone said and loved to dress up for halloween with the grandkids.
he always acted so in control, but when I'd visit he'd get so excited that I needed to roll around on the floor with him.
He was a really great dog. The got a Kerry Blue after he died and I wish they'd gotten another wheaton.

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
Beautiful dog! I use to show them along with other terriers. They are a very actice breed normally. We call them Soft Coated Wheatons. I love their soft fur! It is generally very wavy and must be brushed out regularly. It can matt easily. Never bath without brushing out first. You will need to visit the groomers about 4 times a year. I love them in their standard clip.
View attachment 208172
Yes, when she came into the shelter she was really matted up so they shaved her off. I wasn't sure how often I would have to make an appt with a groomer. She was just shaved two weeks ago.

She seems to be a good dog so far, very friendly. Does like to pull on the leash when walking which I guess it kind of typical for her breed. She jumps up onto my bed when I leave the room and makes herself right at home, I don't really care for that but will have do some training to teach her not to do that. She might have been allowed to do that in her previous home.

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
my sister had one. he was a really smart dog.
he understood every single thing everyone said and loved to dress up for halloween with the grandkids.
he always acted so in control, but when I'd visit he'd get so excited that I needed to roll around on the floor with him.
He was a really great dog. The got a Kerry Blue after he died and I wish they'd gotten another wheaton.
I have no kids but they're supposed to be really good with children. How was he when left alone? Apparently, this dog has some separation anxiety issues and doesn't like being left alone. Good thing I'm home all the time except for weekends, I'm going to probably have to board her at my vet when I leave the house.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
How was he when left alone? Apparently, this dog has some separation anxiety issues and doesn't like being left alone. QUOTE]
QUOTE]
[/
He was rarely left alone but he'd just go sleep in his crate and be fine.
Their current Kerry Blue dog has separation anxiety and is very nervous in general, so I think it's the dog and not the owners.
sorry can't get my reply out of the quote box

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's adorable! :)

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
Well...so far I'm not sure if she's the right fit for me. She's been having toilet accidents, even peeing on her own bed! And I take her out five times a day if not more. Twice in the morning, once if not twice in the middle of afternoon and twice in evening.

I hope I don't have to return her :(

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
Oh and she has a vet appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask about this. I would if it could possibly be some sort of medical issue?