• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

iParrot iPhone app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conurechicken

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Karen
I am sitting here relaxing before I go to bed and am playing a game on my iPhone.

Normally Solveig, my Timneh, is not allowed to touch my phone as she could do a lot of damage in less than a second. However, she is always scheming to find a way to get her sneaky beak on it.

She was getting a good head scratch and I was absorbed in the hidden object game when she snuck in and pressed the "return to menu" button, and all of a sudden the game went to the menu. I was amazed! She must have been staring at that specific button for a time and then took her chance to touch it with her tongue.

Of course I sort of set her up to see if she would do it again. This time she successfully touched a moving object on the screen and made it disappear. Wow!

So my rule still stands that she isn't allowed to touch my iPhone as it is a much too expensive toy. But I challenge a creative developer to come up with a birdsafe screen with apps for parrots. Can you imagine???

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Don't do it please! Then they will take over the world. I liked tree houses and climbing trees when I was young but I don't think I could do it now. (The last time I climbed a tree was maybe 10 yrs ago back when I was still in my 30's.)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing they are so smart

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Wow...that'd be one awesome toy. ;) Piper is entranced with my bejeweled app. She's always watching it with this awed look on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.