• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introductory Palm Nut Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thank you Kelly. Not sure if I will get Carlos to try the fox tail one but we'll see. :) I put one is his foot toy dish.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I'd like to try some for my birds too. Please put me on the waiting list :)
You are on it! Just PM me your name & mailing address and I'll get a box out to you as soon as we get more.

We had hoped to harvest more today but it rained. Maybe tomorrow!

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Thank you Kelly. Not sure if I will get Carlos to try the fox tail one but we'll see. :) I put one is his foot toy dish.
You can try peeling it a little to intrigue his interest. Some people even drill holes in them so the bird can see there's a nut inside. We have never done that and given time, the bird figures it out. I have left nuts in a cage/flight until the skin starts to prune. At that point, I will throw it away and give the bird a new one. Some birds take longer than others but eventually they all do learn -- at least based on the birds here.

The Foxtail is large but all our birds dearly love them. Even our Caiques will work and work to get to the nut in those. For Carlos, I think you might want to start with the small Fan Palm nut or even better, the yellow Queen Palm nut (they may have not all turned yellow yet but they will). From what I have read, the Queen Palm nuts are a part of the natural diet of African Greys in the wild. Supposedly the best part is the yellowish-flesh and not so much the nut, so if Carlos never cracks the nut of those, I would not be too concerned.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly

Read this a little late hahahaha. I did it with an old shoe and nice soft grass below to catch. I now have enough nuts to last me a WHILE . Thanks ! :highfive:
LOL I think we'll stick to the ladder-method!

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Yay, I got home and see that Ray has been chewing the large Fox Tail? I think - palm nut - the big one. He did move it aside when I fed him but didn't throw it away again. It's all chewed up. Fiona's are gone - fini.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe I will have to take a trip to Florida and... *********************** Some palm nuts For Emma and Sachi.:D

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thank you Kelly I will let you know. I have one fox tail and the queen palm's in his cage. I did score the outside. Tequila and Mango I put a queen palm in their foragaing dishes.

Cory

Real Name
Cory
Hi Kelly,

I am extremely interested in buying Palm Nuts from you! I have never known where to get them before. I know my flock would LOVE them especially after seeing all of the photos of your happy customers!!! :D

I am in Ontario, Canada. Is it possible for you to ship some her USPS? If so, what is the cost? :rolleyes: I would definitely be a repeat customer! :lol:

If you're able to ship here I would love to place myself on your waiting list! :)

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw that shipping to Canada was already mentioned. I'll PM you my info!

Last edited:

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
When I was in Florida, I saw the quakers there fight over and eat the palm nuts...really cute.:)

Sigrid

Status
Not open for further replies.