• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introductory Palm Nut Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm thinking not but have not checked into it. I thought to be safe this time, I should limit it to just US residents. If I can ship them to Canada, I'd be happy to!

Excellent. Please let me know.:)

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
An individual in Canada offers them very rarely, and they apparently arrive frozen.
Have never ordered them (yet)

Please add me to any future shipments to Canada, should you discover it's safe to do so.
If they are in transit 10-12 days, would they still be fine for birds?

Doris

drop

Rollerblading along the road
I'm thinking not but have not checked into it. I thought to be safe this time, I should limit it to just US residents. If I can ship them to Canada, I'd be happy to!
If you can ship to Canada count me in, I'd love to buy some from you next time!!

You guys who are getting the nuts better post some pictures of your birds enjoying them so that we can all live vicariously through you :)

Last edited:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Do you think a Red Belly would be able to eat the smaller ones?

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wonder if it would be a problem if a US resident purchased some and then sent them to Canada?:huh:

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Do you think a Red Belly would be able to eat the smaller ones?
I think they might possibly even eat the big ones! I say that based on our Senegals. They eat the big daddy of palm nuts...the Foxtail Palm nut! If a Red Belly was reluctant, smashing the nut open for him or her with a hammer would probably get the bird going down the right path.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:eek::eek::eek:I missed this. I need to pm you. I have palm trees all around me, just don't know how to get them down!:rolleyes:

I love watching your birdies dig into them.:D

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
:eek::eek::eek:I missed this. I need to pm you. I have palm trees all around me, just don't know how to get them down!:rolleyes:

I love watching your birdies dig into them.:D
You just need a big ladder and a guy willing to climb it to cut the nuts down for you. That's what I have!!! :D:D:D

Quite seriously, don't try to get up on a ladder to climb a palm tree unless you are experienced at doing that. The tree trunks are very smooth and round on most and it is very easy for someone to break their neck if the ladder slides off the tree. We've had a couple close calls ourselves. :eek: Need to make sure the ladder is anchored properly, have someone below to brace the bottom and tightly tie the top of the ladder to the tree to keep it in place as you cut the stalk of nuts down. Some of these nuts come from some darn tall trees!

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Just want to let those of you who took advantage of my introductory offer know that your box of palm nuts have shipped via USPS priority mail. I would expect most of you should receive your boxes on Monday or Tuesday. Thank you again for your orders! I sincerely hope your birds will enjoy the palm nuts as much as ours do.

For those who have asked to be put on a waiting list for our next batch of palm nuts, I hope to be able to make another shipment next week. Thank you!

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
So bummed I missed this offer. The one day I can't get on-line....lol. If you have a 'waiting' list, please let me know or please put me on it. I think my fids would like to try these. And if they don't right away, smashing them (the nuts, not the birds) with a hammer is a great stress reliever, lol

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I've made note, Brigid, that you would like to try some. I'll add you to the list! :D

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
Please add me to the waiting list also :) I somehow missed this thread the first go-round, and would have jumped at the opportunity.

Thank you!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If you can ship to Canada count me in, I'd love to buy some from you next time!!
Yea. Count me in too. Not only have my birds never seen one. I have never seen one either. You guys are so lucky to live down there where they actually grow. :)

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Yea. Count me in too. Not only have my birds never seen one. I have never seen one either. You guys are so lucky to live down there where they actually grow. :)
There's a fellow on a Canadian Yahoo list that sells them
once in awhile. We've never ordered, but have friends that do. They arrive frozen, and have to be used or frozen on delivery. Our friends say their birds love them.

Doris

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Got my palm nuts today..wow the fox tail palm nut is BIG!! Kelly the nuts on the vines..I can give them the vines too? I was going to try hanging them in their cages.

drop

There's a fellow on a Canadian Yahoo list that sells them
once in awhile. We've never ordered, but have friends that do. They arrive frozen, and have to be used or frozen on delivery. Our friends say their birds love them.

Doris
I've always missed the boat, he sells out very fast. Hopefully I can get my hands on some next time. Good thing to know that your friend's birds love the defrosted ones.

Last edited:

pga7602

Jogging around the block
You just need a big ladder and a guy willing to climb it to cut the nuts down for you. That's what I have!!! :D:D:D

Quite seriously, don't try to get up on a ladder to climb a palm tree unless you are experienced at doing that. The tree trunks are very smooth and round on most and it is very easy for someone to break their neck if the ladder slides off the tree. We've had a couple close calls ourselves. :eek: Need to make sure the ladder is anchored properly, have someone below to brace the bottom and tightly tie the top of the ladder to the tree to keep it in place as you cut the stalk of nuts down. Some of these nuts come from some darn tall trees!

Read this a little late hahahaha. I did it with an old shoe and nice soft grass below to catch. I now have enough nuts to last me a WHILE . Thanks ! :highfive:

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
I'd like to try some for my birds too. Please put me on the waiting list :)

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Got my palm nuts today..wow the fox tail palm nut is BIG!! Kelly the nuts on the vines..I can give them the vines too? I was going to try hanging them in their cages.

That's how we give them! I have suspended them on vines for birds that are not as willing to pick one out of a bowl. The vine seems to intrigue even the most reluctant bird to go them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.