• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Introducing my new 'grandsnake' - gorgeous Calibee Ball Python

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

@riddick07 Victoria ordered more snakes... I know shocking... but, the wonderful news they are in the line of my absolutely morphs of ball pythons - spiders!!

This beautiful little girl is a late 2015 Calibee that was super curious and active coming out of the bag and box from shipment. She may replace Roy the Chinese Beauty as my favorite :)

Jeanne and I are already putting dibs in on her babies!!! Her future man will be arriving tomorrow, but I had to be proud grandma and show off this lovely little lady tonight. Yeah, its bad, these will be the only 'grand' species announcements I'll have in life, so you guys just have to suck it up and celebrate these moments with me :)

Victoria picked an awesome name for her too - Raven... really suits her!

Introducing the lovely Raven... and yes, snakes can be quite lovely and sweet!!

2016-03-01 10.08.55.jpg 2016-03-01 10.09.10.jpg 2016-03-01 09.50.35.jpg 2016-03-01 10.08.27.jpg

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Raven is stunning - I adore the spider morphs! :heart:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Raven is a beauty!!!

Laurah

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I love those reptile eyes and her name too :)

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Well Raven's guy arrived today!! He is a Humblebee (his genetics are pastel spider, hypo and possible enchi).

He's not quite the eye candy that Raven is, but he is a big beautiful boy. Victoria named him Loki (yes we have a Loki bird too, guess who our favorite Avenger is??)... and yes you true Avenger dorks, Loki isn't an Avenger... hear that from my husband all the time... tho he should be. He's not really a bad guy, he's just misunderstood...

Pics of Loki fresh out of the bag and box :)

2016-03-02 10.35.05.jpg 2016-03-02 10.30.05.jpg

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Wow, they are all so beautiful! I have always loved snakes!!

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Awww, little baby snek faces. :heart:
I don't understand why some people don't think they are cute, I adore them. I'd probably have a snake but I've decided not to try mixing them and birds in the same house just to keep things simple for myself.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Awww, little baby snek faces. :heart:
I don't understand why some people don't think they are cute, I adore them. I'd probably have a snake but I've decided not to try mixing them and birds in the same house just to keep things simple for myself.

Snakes are easy to have with birds... not like you let a snake wander around or have them on a stand to play :) Long as you have a good secure enclosure, they are super easy to have with parrots. We have multiple of both and close to 10 years without an incident, but then my daughter has invested in some really nice snake enclosures, so no worry about any escapes. I actually worry more about my cockatoo or macaw going after a snake hanging out with me. Just tonight my husband was socializing one of the new young boas and Ivory (bare eye too) flew over to me and I was more worried about her using the beak on the snake then the snake going for her. Now in a few years, those tides will change and I would not even consider having them out in the same room.

When Raven arrived, the box is always marked 'live harmless reptile'... the person put on her box 'live, harmless and adorable reptile', thought that was too cute!

Laurah

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
My iggy is easier to care for than my conures. She has her own room and I don't let her wander around the house. I do take her out and while I'm holding her they greet each other. Maybe if I didn't have a cat or dogs I would let her roam around the house.

Last edited:

Beth In Alaska

Real Name
Beth
Beautiful snakes!

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
They are stinking adorable! We used to have normal ball pythons and I had my hands on a firefly enchi that was the most beautiful boy! I've always adored snakes, people find it hard to believe that they can be affectionate. My female used to curl around my neck, have her tail under my arm and rest her head on my shoulder, while watching TV with me. I adored those babies until they passed away. Now birds are the pride and joy in this house (aside from my dogs and kids of course) beautiful snakes!