• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Instant Pot on Sale

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Hey all Amazon Prime day is going on and they have the 6qt Instant Pot on there for 59$ if anyone that has Prime is still looking for one.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
OOoh I ordered one ... thanks!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I saw the title and wondered what kind of pot was being sold on Amazon and how good it was. ;)

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so conflicted about getting one! I already have a separate rice cooker and slow cooker. What are the advantages of an instant pot?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so conflicted about getting one! I already have a separate rice cooker and slow cooker. What are the advantages of an instant pot?

In my experience it doesn't replace my slow cooker AS a slow cooker, but it did replace my rice cooker. It's great for frozen meats (ever cooked a whole frozen chicken in about an hour and half?). Beans can go from package to done in 2 hours vs an overnight soak. It's easier than the stove or oven for me because I don't have to baby sit it at all.

It steams frozen veggies perfectly!

And makes a great cheesecake.

I also use it for perfect, easy to peel hard boiled eggs (even fresh from the chicken), and I use it to make yogurt.

So basically, it does what your crockpot does in less time, what your oven does in less time (except for crisping, if that is something you need), and can do what your stove does with less work.

Stovetop recipes I don't think are FASTER. But with the 3 year old and pets, I have better things to do than watch water boil :lol:

Downside? There is a learning curve on some things, so follow some tried and true recipes first.

Some of my favorite recipes (these blogs have a lot recipes)

Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma - Jo Cooks

Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese - DadCooksDinner

Instant Pot Greek Yogurt Recipe {Thick and Creamy Yogurt} | Page 2 of 2 | This Old Gal

Instant Pot Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken made easy!

Instant Pot Crack Chicken

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I have better things to do than watch water boil :lol:
Downside? There is a learning curve on some things, so follow some tried and true recipes first.
I get sidetracked and burn things if I cook...so I need something that doesn't need to be watched. :shy:

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
The sale only lasted for about an hour or so after I posted. So they are no longer offered at that price.

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
In my experience it doesn't replace my slow cooker AS a slow cooker, but it did replace my rice cooker. It's great for frozen meats (ever cooked a whole frozen chicken in about an hour and half?). Beans can go from package to done in 2 hours vs an overnight soak. It's easier than the stove or oven for me because I don't have to baby sit it at all.

It steams frozen veggies perfectly!

And makes a great cheesecake.

I also use it for perfect, easy to peel hard boiled eggs (even fresh from the chicken), and I use it to make yogurt.

So basically, it does what your crockpot does in less time, what your oven does in less time (except for crisping, if that is something you need), and can do what your stove does with less work.

Stovetop recipes I don't think are FASTER. But with the 3 year old and pets, I have better things to do than watch water boil :lol:

Some of my favorite recipes (these blogs have a lot recipes)

Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma - Jo Cooks

Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese - DadCooksDinner

Instant Pot Greek Yogurt Recipe {Thick and Creamy Yogurt} | Page 2 of 2 | This Old Gal

Instant Pot Butter Chicken | Butter Chicken made easy!

Instant Pot Crack Chicken
This is awesome Shawna thanks much!!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The sale only lasted for about an hour or so after I posted. So they are no longer offered at that price.
It actually went live when Prime Day started yesterday. I posted the info in another thread. It was one of the most popular Prime Day deals and they sold out.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Guess its sold out!

Thanks Sandra for that kind offer!!!!

I guess you snooze you loose but I really did not need it.
Telling myself that...I probably did not...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have 2 rice cookers, 3 slow cookers & an old fashioned or 2 pressure cooker!!!

Ice cream makers, mixers, 3 blenders, array of old perc coffee makers, drip coffee maker, espresso machine...hand crank pasta machine with an electric attachment....40's waffle machine used once....

Vita mix!

Ooohh I'm loaded here!!!! The list goes on....

Yogurt was a perk but you have to strain to make Greek & I only eat yogurt rarely.

Don't need another 1000 watt appliance...

Would have liked to try it & maybe even use it...but I did read one broke down in 5 monthss & the company did not honor the warranty so I was put off!!!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Mom used it I remember best was stuffed peppers or a goulash.

I'm really not afraid of them but some real old ones are scary & you have to buy new rubber gaskets & even the pop up release valve can be changed. They can't explode the way they screw lock but can leak hot fluid & make a mess if they fail.

You really can get tender meat & stews fast & beans & potatoes in a time crunch.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It was an excellent price. I paid @$68 including tax for my 6 qt. at Kohls and I received $10 Kohls cash, too. If you are a Kohls credit cardholder and they have the pot on sale and you have a 30% or 40% off coupon you can get a great deal. Just have to watch for it. If I see something I will post it.