• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Injured mousebird

Dancingwing

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Karen
My cat brought me a present a feathered mouse bird. I saw no blood, nor feathers at the crime scene. I picked the little one up and placed it in a box with a soft towel. I left it for 2 hours and just checked up On it. It's crest was raised and I could see the little heart racing. I don't want to scare it anymore but if anyone can tell me what I should/ shouldn't do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
You need to get it to the vet. Cat saliva alone can kill a bird. The sooner it gets help, the better its chances of survival are.

Dancingwing

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Karen
You need to get it to the vet. Cat saliva alone can kill a bird. The sooner it gets help, the better its chances of survival are.
Thankyou, it's a Sunday evening and all the vets are closed. I've kept little one warm and if all goes well, will take it to the vet in the morning.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I dont know about mousebirds, a vet or wildlife rehabilitation would be your best bet. I hope the little guy will be ok.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't know about mousebirds but maybe @Aleta can help or @Amy Pierce You may also want to post in Softbill Circle discussion group her.