1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Injured mousebird

Discussion in 'Softbill Circle' started by Dancingwing, 7/8/18.

1. Dancingwing

Dancingwing Checking out the neighborhood

Karen
    My cat brought me a present a feathered mouse bird. I saw no blood, nor feathers at the crime scene. I picked the little one up and placed it in a box with a soft towel. I left it for 2 hours and just checked up On it. It's crest was raised and I could see the little heart racing. I don't want to scare it anymore but if anyone can tell me what I should/ shouldn't do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    You need to get it to the vet. Cat saliva alone can kill a bird. The sooner it gets help, the better its chances of survival are.

3. Dancingwing

Dancingwing Checking out the neighborhood

Karen
    Thankyou, it's a Sunday evening and all the vets are closed. I've kept little one warm and if all goes well, will take it to the vet in the morning.

Garet and gptb2020 like this.
  4. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
  5. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I dont know about mousebirds, a vet or wildlife rehabilitation would be your best bet. I hope the little guy will be ok.

6. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Don't know about mousebirds but maybe @Aleta can help or @Amy Pierce You may also want to post in Softbill Circle discussion group her.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)