• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Injured foot?

Ashenghoull

Moving in
Real Name
Kaitlynn Dewitt
Rain is a 3-4 year old conure.
I just realized that he is not putting pressure on his foot and when I looked closer there was dark reddish spots all over his foot.

Like I said, he is not wanting to put any pressure on it and it holding up. He seems to be also struggling to climb with it.

He was fine yesterday. I don’t know if he somehow injured it today while I was gone or if it’s something more serious.

I will be watching him, and if It doesn’t get better within 1-2 days I will find a vet that can take a look.

I just wanted to get some opinions on what it could possibly be.

He is eating normal and being his normal funny self.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
I’m not sure what the reddish spots mean but any time a bird cannot put weight on a foot there is a serious problem. Go to the vet as soon as possible. It could be his foot or his leg or both. Without expert care it could become a lot more serious than you would ever believe. Don’t wait. :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope it’s nothing serious, and I’m glad your going to the vet tomorrow. Keep us posted!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Until you get to the vet, you can padded out his perches with vet wrap or double fleece wrapped tightly to the perch. It will ease some of the pressure on his foot.

Ashenghoull

Moving in
Real Name
Kaitlynn Dewitt
I just recently got home from work and noticed a few dark rusty colored dropping in his cage- which is obviously not normal.

I’m really worried about him.
Like I said it just started today :/.

He’s still climbing around, being his normal self. Eating and drinking like normal. Just not putting much pressure on his one foot/ is holding it up close to him, and has dark colored feces.

We will definitely be heading to the vet ASAP tomorrow.
I just hope he’s ok tonight :(
I will do the padding of his perches and make sure he’s comfortable until we get him looked at tomorrow.

Hoping for the best. He’s one of my best buds.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Unfortunately that’s the bad part. Our lil buddies are pretty good at hiding pain/illness so we don’t know anything until it’s severe or there are obvious symptoms. I def hope he makes it to the vet okay and it’s not something that can’t be fixed. Best wishes & luck to y’all! :goodluck::goodluck:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Very worrisome that the droppings are changing too. I hope for the best. Good luck at the vet!