• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Injured cockatiel, any insight welcomed

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Looks Like some nasty injury hope Aster will recover quickly! Please keep us updated!!-!

brittany1289

Moving in
HELLO everyone! Sorry for the delayed update and leaving you all hanging! I took him to the vet the following morning. They said to make sure he eats and drinks and keep an eye on him. The next day he was eating more seed but still looked pretty sore. I kept feeding him egg yolk too. The 3rd day the swelling went way down and he was eating even more. The 4th day I walked in the house and he squawked at me excited I was home and his eye looked good as new. He is back to his old self and he can see out of that eye!

Thanks for all of the well wishes, I really appreciated all of the support. He just needed time and soft food to heal. Yay!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news that he is doing better. Looks A LOT better. Thanks for the update.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So glad he’s better! What a cutie!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:thumbsup:

Way to go, Aster!

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Thanks for the update. So glad to hear he is getting better!

brittany1289

Moving in
Hello all. Wanted to give you all an update on Aster. He had been doing mostly well since he healed up from his injury. One night a couple weeks ago he was hanging out with me and he started breathing heavy and seemed scared. I put him away and covered him and he was fine the next morning. I was out of town this weekend and my partner Nate was caring for him. He said last night he was doing a similar thing which seemed like a panic attack type behavior. Just standing and breathing heavy. Nate said goodbyes for us and hoped for the best, though he had died overnight.

He was a great bird for 7 years and I will miss the little guy a lot. amazing how attached you get to such a little guy!

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
Im so sorry for your loss of Aster! I have thought about him quite a bit since your posts about his injury and so sad to hear he passed. It's really difficult to describe how much you can love a little bird but they are loved and cared for as much as any other pet. Thanks for keeping us all posted

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High, Aster...