• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Inexpensive cage bottom?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I have a broken cage that I'm currently not using for either of my birds, as it's very small (and broken, obviously). I'd like to keep it as an emergency back-up cage, as the bars are still good, but the floor is completely cracked and is partially patched with tape (by the previous owner of one of my birds, not me).

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could either buy a bottom online or find one in Montreal? I think the brand's called 'Hagen'. This isn't an emergency or anything, and it's not a cage I immediately need fixed or replaced, as it's not currently in use.

I really don't care about getting the same brand on the bottom. As long as it fits, ya know?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would probably just get an inexpensive piece of plexiglass cut to the size you need. Would probably be cheaper!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I would probably just get an inexpensive piece of plexiglass cut to the size you need. Would probably be cheaper!
Huh, I didn't think of that. I mean, I really don't care about the look or how hard it would be to change the paper. I'll definitely have to look into getting something like that, especially if I can't find a bottom that will fit.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Did you try contacting Hagen to see if they sell parts? Hagen For every pet, there is a Hagen brand.
They do sell replacements. I looked around at various bases, and they seem to go for around 20$ at the very lowest, and don't list the size, only the model number
A few of them show pictures of compatible bases, but none of them were mine. The others only have model numbers.
IE x
I browsed through all their pages of replacement parts, and I don't think they make them like the one I was given anymore.