• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Indie the IRN having a bath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kybill4

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kylie
Hi all...
Indie has been going great since my last post. I have ordered Barbara Heindreich's DVD to help me along. And also been taking on advice about giving Indie some space and building trust. Its been quite a journey so far. Now Indie is starting to develop some trust, and love with me as well. Although someone said in my last post that she is too young for bluffing, Indie has been getting into some very irritable moods and her pupils have been going absolutely insane getting large then going small. I have been respecting her space, but also ignoring the fact that she's biting me if she does.

The video I have posted shows one of those special moments where I placed a container of water out for her for the first time. Well she just jumped right in and had a good old splash around. That was very cool to see for the first time :) However, after the bath she sat on her perch and started shivering... Although it was about 30 degrees Celsius in the room, I closed the windows and turned the fans off so she wouldn't freeze. She took a while to dry and she still looked quite cold shivering, so I went over and got her to step up on my finger and brought her right up to my chest under my chin... She loved it!!! For the first time ever I could actually pat her and scratch the back of her head and she seemed quite comfortable. Seems you have to pick your moments with Indie... and IRN's in general.

Anyway, enough of a rant... here is the vid of Indie...

[video=youtube_share;M50JCQ3d1Kw]http://youtu.be/M50JCQ3d1Kw[/video]

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I can't watch your video until everyone is awake later, but the moment you described is perfect! That is how you build on your relationship. Cochise was a special case, and I found he would get affectionate mostly when the lights were fading for the evening. We can get a few close moments in before bedtime. Wishing you the best.:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how wonderful..it sounds like you are getting along great and that birdie is absolutely adorable!

Parrotadise

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
aww Indie is so cute he needs a 9X12 dish with that tail :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwww what a bathing beauty.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
very cute!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Indie is SO cute! I'm glad to hear you and her are making progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.