• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Import Bands and Wild Caught Parrots

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
I didn't have him DNA tested this time at the vet's office due to a miscommunication with me, the vet tech and the vet. But I plan to next time we go for a nail trim. I don't think the DNA test will tell me age though. We know he's at least 25. He would have likely been born in Indonesia, I believe, and brought to the U.S. through Florida. How he got to Pennsylvania, I doubt we'll ever know. I have read that sometimes you can still obtain records showing what year a bird was brought into the country. I plan on trying to see if I can find out. Just because I'm curious.

still very interesting and i understand that you are curious i would be too !!!:hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck with finding out when he arrived in the U.S. Hope that you can get that info. I got Keno in 1989 and she was about 8 mos. old give or take. Don't know what quarantine station she came through. Had her band removed for safety. I got her in Las Vegas.