• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Imagine the sound of this video 10 times louder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
For those who have never heard an alarmed cockatoo. Seriously, the volume of this video cannot touch the real volume or really show the ear drum pain that this scream causes us.

Anyone able to decipher this scream and what it means? :lol:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have to imagine! :whack:

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Glad they make ear plugs!:laughing11:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Awww he appears distressed. What was going on at that time?

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Awww he appears distressed. What was going on at that time?
He was just sitting on my lap, I swear. We go through this a lot lately. He'll be sitting there enjoying some scritches or just perching on my leg and then he starts alarming. Most of the time he won't stop until I put him in his cage in the bird room and shut the door so he can calm down. He gets miserable when I have to put the collar on him. I know that doesn't help his mood :(

Lokums

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mike
Without seeing what is going on around him it is hard to tell what is alarming him. It may be nothing and he just wants to SCREAM. I had friend that had a U2 that was great friends with his B&G. Separate the two and his U2 would DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE, over and over and over, repeat until Gonzo (the B&G) was back in the room.
His B&G was a bit louder, but not nearly as incessant. Not even close.

I thought it was funnneee.

Mike

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Without seeing what is going on around him it is hard to tell what is alarming him. It may be nothing and he just wants to SCREAM. I had friend that had a U2 that was great friends with his B&G. Separate the two and his U2 would DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE, over and over and over, repeat until Gonzo (the B&G) was back in the room.
His B&G was a bit louder, but not nearly as incessant. Not even close.

I thought it was funnneee.

Mike
Yeah we'll just be sitting in the living room with no one coming or going. Just chilling with the birds and he just starts yelling. I can tell you he's definitely not doing it out of happiness. He's definitely alarmed at something, or just alarmed for the sake of being alarmed? I don't know.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I was thinking it may be the collar. Have you tried a sweater or vest to prevent him from mutilating? :)

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
Heather, does he scream about the same time every day? Gizmo has three times a day he will scream like that. Usually at 6:30 pm to let me know he needs his privacy time so we wheel his cage into another room and he plays for about an hour before he let's us know he wants to be sociable again and then again about 8:30 pm. The last one is the worst because it's the loudest and gets the dogs and my husband going. I'm sure the neighbors just love us each night. :) Oh and his morning call varies as to the time but I'm thinking that's just his way of showing the neighborhood he's alive and well.

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
:omg:I give you too owners MAJOR props!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you is all i can say....I thought Jax hadda heck of a scream.....not even close.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I was thinking it may be the collar. Have you tried a sweater or vest to prevent him from mutilating? :)
I'm going to order one after I get paid actually. Good news though is that his sore is almost healed up and I'll be taking it off soon anyhow. He is a major scab picker/mutilator and any weird spot he'll obsess over. He has a feather follicle there that irritates him sometimes. We have to hide all of our boo boos because he tears off our scabs too! My husband had a total knee replacement in February and he was almost totally healed up. One day he was holding Shawn and watching TV...split second later off came his last scab. Shawn dropped it and ran when Will said "Ouch! What was that?" :lol:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Heather, does he scream about the same time every day? Gizmo has three times a day he will scream like that. Usually at 6:30 pm to let me know he needs his privacy time so we wheel his cage into another room and he plays for about an hour before he let's us know he wants to be sociable again and then again about 8:30 pm. The last one is the worst because it's the loudest and gets the dogs and my husband going. I'm sure the neighbors just love us each night. :) Oh and his morning call varies as to the time but I'm thinking that's just his way of showing the neighborhood he's alive and well.
Honestly I haven't kept track of the times. I don't think it's only during mornings and evenings but I'll be sure to take note of it now. I took him outside the other day and sat on the porch with him as we do sometimes at night while the sun is starting to set. He started the alarm yell and people were slowing down on the road to find out where the sound was coming from :lol:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
:omg:I give you too owners MAJOR props!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you is all i can say....I thought Jax hadda heck of a scream.....not even close.
Let's just say that when you're in the same room with a bird making this noise, you actually lose hearing temporarily in the closest ear drum. It's crazy loud. The video definitely does not do it justice.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Could it be something he see's or hear's on TV?

Ginger

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Could it be something he see's or hear's on TV?

Ginger
I suppose that could be possible. He came to us with a lot of baggage. We're his third home and from what the second home told us, he has a lot of fears from the first home. Another good thing for me to keep an eye on, thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.