• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm so excited for tomorrow

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
There are videos of a hawk attempting to attack an Umbrella cockatoo on a trainer's shoulder. A family of hawks moved in close by so I haven't been able to take Tibs out in his harness.
Omg! That freaks me out! Thank you so much for sharing this info.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I went to the outside feeder one day to refill it and one of the birds came to watch. Before I knew it a hawk swooped down right in front of my face and grabbed the bird. You never know about hawks!

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Will a hawk really try to attack a birdie in a harness sitting on my shoulder? That thought never crossed my mind! Now I'm worried about going outside!
Birds being with their humans is. It a deterrent. There have been incidents where hawks have grabbed macaws away from their owners.:sad13::sad11:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Will a hawk really try to attack a birdie in a harness sitting on my shoulder?
Faislaq lost a bird that way :(
Recently I read someone else post of a friends GW (I think) that got taken too.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
When it comes to certain animals I think, they're just to smart and know they can get away with it. We had a family of red tails around here a few years ago and I would have to pay attention when I take my dog out cause occasionally they would start circling. She's 13 lbs, but, small enough to look like a meal I guess. Nothing ever happened, but they definitely sized her up.