• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Im so excited!! A place to fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen0087

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Wall-E is four months old and is great at flying but has little room in our apartment. I was trying to think of a place I could take him that is safe and has plenty of room. Then out of nowhere, BOOM, REVELATION!! I completely forgot about my Dad's empty shop :laugh-bounce:, it's 3600 square feet with high ceilings!!

I know I will have to cover the windows but other than that, any tips to keep him safe? Should I wait and get a harness? He always flies to me at home but I'm thinking he might become a little bewildered in a big space.

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Oh you lucky duck!! I'd love to let my lot fly free like that. I can only suggest you take a bowl of treats ...with all the flying Wall-e is bound to get peckish and come down for a snack..then you can either reassure him or pop him in the carrier ..whichever works best. Oh I'd take a chair so you can relax and look mellow..bound to come for a snuggle.

Jen0087

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thanks for the advice. Too bad you don't live here, I would offer for you to bring your birdies! I'll take pictures once he and I get used to it :D

Thayus

Meeting neighbors
That's huge! Careful of birds of prey hiding in dark corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.