• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm crying! Look at this craigslist Ad.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Here's the ad.. Im leaving the country for a month, and in a need of someone who loves birds (who also own one preferably) to take care of my 11 year old cockatiel. he is very affectionate and sensitive and in needs of attention i hate to have to leave him home alone. if i can find someone who can take care of him in their own house, id really be happy.. the dates r 10/29 to 12/5. and i will pay $100. please call me at 917-657-2048. thank you This is the link in case it gets deleted.. urgent need of a caring experienced bird sitter for a month Unfortunately, I only just noticed this ad now.. :( I just tried to call but nobody answered.. :sad7: I'm hoping and praying that they didn't leave this tiel home by themselves for a entire month.. :sad7: :( :(

MBS

Jogging around the block
That would be impossible. It would be guaranteed death. Where would it get food and water for a month?

I hope they found somebody or at least took the bird to a shelter. I doubt anybody that cares even a little for their bird would leave them alone for a month.

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
I really hope they didn't leave him alone. Can you try to keep calling? Maybe it's a cell number? So sad. I hope they found someone to care for him.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I hope your right MBS and that they took it to a shelter or something... I'm at work now so I'll be home in about 2 hours.. I will try calling again and will leave my cell phone number..

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw :( I really hope that they didn't leave that tiel all by itself for an entire month. Maybe they found someone to care for it and just forgot to delete the post?

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Thats what I'm hoping Miriam... :hug8:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I interpreted the ad to mean that she didn't want to have to leave the bird with someone coming in to her home to care for him, meaning that he would be alone the majority of the time

I didn't take it that she was going to leave him unattended :)

:hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I interpreted the ad to mean that she didn't want to have to leave the bird with someone coming in to her home to care for him, meaning that he would be alone the majority of the time

Oh ok, I hope so... Its just soo easy to misinterpret things when they are put in words vs getting to talk to a actual person.. :) >

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee

I kind of got the same impression upon re-reading the ad. Sounded like she would prefer the Tiel stay with someone where it would get plenty of attention and sunggles, but if she couldn't find that, the bird would have to be cared for at home.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I doubt they would leave their bird alone for a month without care. They seem very worried. When was the ad placed?

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
It looks like the Ad was placed on October 18th... I'll still call just to make sure everything is ok.. :)

crystaljam

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
I don't think a prudent & reasonable person would leave their bird alone for that long...I'm sure they got someone to take care of it!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
one never knows though..people are so strange....I hope the tiel is ok.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Any luck getting through on the phone yet Tiffany?
I called a few hours ago and left a message with my number... Hopefully they found someone to take care of their birdie and just forgot to take down the ad. Its kinda like garage sales and people put up their signs but when its over sometimes they forget to take them down.. :rolleyes:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Heh, when my brother had 2 Cockatiels he left them in the house for 4-5 days at a time while he went away. I know it is nothing compared to a month, but even 2 days is bad enough.

Hopefully you are right, hopefully they found someone and have forgotten to take the ad down.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any luck getting a call back?

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Oh I hope the teil is okay. Keep calling. Im sure they didn't leave him without someone. At least I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.