• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm a horrible budgie owner

kifird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jeremy
I had my baby male budgie put down after having seizures. I should've seen the signs earlier. I'll get my other bird checked up whenever the next slot is open. I just am so sorry Minty. I love you.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: I can feel your pain through your video. Please don't be so hard on yourself, birds hide their illnesses extremely well and sadly we don't always catch it in time

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I am so very sorry for your loss @kifird Jeremy. Take care of Nua, and know that we are thinking of you all.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry honey,,I'm crying with you..please dont blame yourself... he may have had a sickness you didnt see...or it could have been genetic ,,,we all have been there,,,you will see him again at the bridge..:sadhug2:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry for your loss.
:sorrow:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sad7:

Bonkers

Hit the Road
Real Name
Bonk's Adventure
*hugs* OP it's always hard when they go.

(see sig)

Bonkers

Hit the Road
Real Name
Bonk's Adventure
^ By the way... I once re-homed a bird off Craigslist. Named him Newspaper. Bought from a real sketchy guy.. Smelled like paint, looked like he had acid paint stains on his skin, no toys in the cage. Paid him $45 for that bird, brought him home.

Bird had real thin feathers then started "twitching" and died 10 days later (from the day I got him.)

Reason I am sharing: OP, you are not a horrible Parakeet Dad. You do what you can. Sometimes, the bird is just sick.

Now don't get me started on the person that left my cat in the rain for three days (they had custody at their place at the time) and he died 6 weeks later............. Sometimes, it isn't your fault and these things happen.

I've been the one, had to check myself into an E.R. ready to commit suicide and distraight over loss of (said cat) so it's never easy, just know they are in a better place now. They are.
Sincerely, - Bonkers (this the name of a bird I donated to a friend, I had 14 birds at one point.)

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hi, I agree with Bonkers, I burried my little Tikki this Summer, he had poor genes from the start but I didn't realize until he got blind and suffered so many seizures I had to put him to sleep. He had bad quality features, they were not waterproof like those of his friend, and he was bullied by all the other birds, he was always last in the hierarchy even if he was older than them or if they were just visiting (so it was his home). Budgies have been manipulated and mutated multiple times for colors sake, it is not always good for the genes... Your little Minty was lucky to be with you for the time he was given in this life. :sadhug2: