• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

If you are in Montreal, please be careful with your dogs

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
IMG_20181008_150427494.jpg
We have a serial dog poisoner/killer on our island.

He doesn't seem to target any particular breed nor does he only go after barkers. Whoever this was started in Rosemount, but I saw this warning in the area bordering the Anjou and Saint-Leonard districts. Not sure how far his range is or if anyone else on the forum is from the area, but if you are, please back careful.

He appears to target dogs who are in their owners' yards or on their balconies. One was on a second floor balcony when he was poisoned, so the guy's probably poisoning meat or treats.

Please be careful.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
A childhood friend's dog was killed by one of these twisted freaks years ago. Poisoned meat thrown into their yard and sweet JD ate it.

Praying that this beast will be caught and brought to justice before another dog is harmed or killed. There are some sick, sick people in this world.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Gee I have not heard of anything like this for many years. Sick nasty people out there unfortunately. I hope they catch the person doing this before any more animals are harmed.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
:| Help I posted this on the Montreal subreddit and a few small news stations are asking for interviews. I think this is big.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Something similar happened in MN back in the '80's. In my former life we boarded our dogs, Saci (lab/pit bull mix) and Bags (Bagunça [Chaos] flatcoat retriever) with a very nice couple farther out from the suburbs who had beautiful facilities. They had several boarding dogs poisoned by someone who did something similar. I don't believe they ever found the culprit.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How horrifying and infuriating. We had a horse raper and mutilator here a few years back, people were frantic about leaving their horses in the pasture like usual without video surveillance..

Garet

Real Name
Garet
How horrifying and infuriating. We had a horse raper and mutilator here a few years back, people were frantic about leaving their horses in the pasture like usual without video surveillance..
.... Jesus. I hope he was caught.

Something similar happened in MN back in the '80's. In my former life we boarded our dogs, Saci (lab/pit bull mix) and Bags (Bagunça [Chaos] flatcoat retriever) with a very nice couple farther out from the suburbs who had beautiful facilities. They had several boarding dogs poisoned by someone who did something similar. I don't believe they ever found the culprit.
I really hope they find this guy. Too many people are getting away with hurting animals these days.

My dogs have also been finding a lot of chicken bones on our walks, even on days when the garbage hasn't passes recently. I'm hoping it's not related, but he's been picking them up almost every day.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
.... Jesus. I hope he was caught.

I really hope they find this guy. Too many people are getting away with hurting animals these days.

My dogs have also been finding a lot of chicken bones on our walks, even on days when the garbage hasn't passes recently. I'm hoping it's not related, but he's been picking them up almost every day.
Amen to that Garet. Poison is something used for rodents in S.America and my grandparents lost more than 1 cat because their neighbours would put out rat poison ... I would rather use a trap for rodents that kills instantly, not poison which could lead to a cat or dog eating a poisoned rat or mouse. It's an ugly and painful way to die.