• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

If the new net for the koi pond...

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
doesn't get here soon, I'll be pulling leaves out of the pump in water below 50F. That may not sound cold, but baby, it's cccccccold.

I removed the old net because snakes were having trouble moving over it. I don't care if snakes are around the pond. I can live with them in peace, but we need a net to keep the leaves out of the pond (and pumps) as best as possible. Husband had a fit, but oh well. The net I ordered came today -- the wrong net!!!! :eek:

The pump slowed to a trickle last night, so I unplugged it and waited for today to go in --- worrywart hubby is not around.

That water is COLD!!!!!! :shocked4: I'll probably have to go in one last time before the net gets here. I went in last week to clear the leaves from the pump. Hubby never even noticed. Which is good. I don't need a lecture.

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Brrrrrrr. Be careful!

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Be careful! :omg:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

:lol: My dad, a true Canadian farm boy, said, Oh come ON! It's not that cold.
Well, it was certainly warmer than when I had to go into the pond two years ago.....in February. :wacky:

The net did arrive today.....the wrong net! :cautious: So I wait for the right net to arrive and hope it does not get real windy again.