• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Identify this chick

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I remember hearing about this. Heartbreaking. I live in SC too and I have visited the Center for the birds of prey as well. Very cool place.
Where are you in SC? I have yet to visit the center. My husband has been there to photograph the raptors and went last weekend to photograph the Kites in Awendaw. There weren't that many of them this weekend so I don't know if they missed the flock of Kites that come this time of year.

Hammons

Meeting neighbors
Where are you in SC? I have yet to visit the center. My husband has been there to photograph the raptors and went last weekend to photograph the Kites in Awendaw. There weren't that many of them this weekend so I don't know if they missed the flock of Kites that come this time of year.
I am in Summerville. I saw a couple kites while kayaking on the Edison a few weeks ago.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I am in Summerville. I saw a couple kites while kayaking on the Edison a few weeks ago.
Once in a while I see one or two here flying low over my house. It's always such a delight to see them. It's been a very long time but every so often swans would fly over the house. If I was outside I could hear them coming by the whistle of their wings... truly an awesome sight.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I might have seen one yesterday, but I wasn't sure.