• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'd like to take Java out with me more often (in due time) but . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love to have Java join me when I go out, which isn't too often, but this likely won't be happening until next year since it's starting to cool down, and he's still settling in. The times that he has gone out with me, he did AMAZING, but I wonder if he's generally too high-strung to be out and about. Of course, he would be harnessed, and I intend to get a Pak-O-Bird at some point to make outings more secure. For the most part, we've been to the park, backyard, front yard, and to the vet, and he's perfectly fine, but I wonder how he would do if he was in a building like a library or retail store. Because he cannot perch, I have to carry him, which he prefers, I believe, but when he's spooked, his first instinct is to, of course, fly, and I'm not going to clip his wings for outings. I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial for him to go places with me from time to time, or if his character warrants him as a homebirdy since he spooks at everything.
Also, I wouldn't take him out where he would be around people, I'd take him to places where he could just enjoy the scenery and not worry about being gawked at. The sole purpose of taking him out would be to show him the world, get some fresh air, and to include him in my errands.
Do you think it's a good idea considering his personality?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yes - absolutely great for Java. You may even find that he becomes less spooky with traveling around.

Just keep him to low population areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.