• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I wanna swing, I wanna swing, I wanna swing....

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
This silly dog is infatuated with this swing. Black Jack does this every day. This was at 7am this morning. We raised it to keep him from chewing the ropes and even tied his own rope where he could reach. Obviously that is not good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Wow...that is a lot of energy at 7am...at least mine don't roll out of bed until I have several cups of coffee...

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

Susan and Oliver

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
This silly dog is infatuated with this swing. He does this every day. This was at 7am this morning. We raised it to keep him from chewing the ropes and even tied his own rope where he could reach. Obviously that is not good enough.
Love your pooch. Gotta love that first thing in the AM energy!

Ooooh, he needs a mutant squid from OG!!! @Susan and Oliver
Oh stop giving me ideas!! Canine Kraken coming up :faint:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Having only 3 legs does not slow this boy down at all! He could not jump at all when we first got him (being only 1 month post amputation), but when we raised the swing, I think he made it his mission to learn to jump on only one back leg so he could reach that darn rope on the swing.
Now I have to go envision a mutant kraken...............BRB!

Last edited:

Laurah

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
My older dogs love to swing! :) Is he part pit bull?

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
My older dogs love to swing! :) Is he part pit bull?
I have wondered , but we don't know for sure. He was adopted from a shelter. The only thing we do know is the border collie from the coloring. I look at the muscle definition in his haunches and chest and think he may be, but hubs doesn't think so. He is 100% goofball, though! :lol:

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
Yes his back end area and leg. I think his jaws and chest. That's great that you adopted him :)
My male conure, my Siamese cat and female pit bull are rescues. I just came in from walking one of my dogs. More snow tomorrow, my dogs get antsy if they don't get enough exercise.

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
I have a toy in my backyard, made with a spring and a rope. It hangs in the tree, my dogs jump and hold on with their jaws and teeth. They can just hang there for hours and bounce up and down. It's exercise to them. They love it.

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Would love to see the rope and spring set up you have for yours. I think Black Jack would love something like that. He has so many toys and is constantly chewing them up to the point we have to throw them away so he doesn't eat the pieces. He is worse on toys than the birds! And his cost more!

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
Lol no way not conures! Now it's covered in snow. There's different sites that sells them but you can make one yourself with hubby. One trip to Lowe's. Have you tried any of the Kong products? My 80 pd pitbull Dexter loves the Kong black ball and the indestructible orange ball. They last for years!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Oh yes, we have Kong toys. The red stuffer thing is great! The pacifier stuffer he has managed to break the handle, but not the pacifier part. The Kong squeak toys always lose the squeaker within an hour of giving it to him, the Kong tennis balls and things covered with that material are in pieces within hours after he removes the material covering! I don't complain too much about it, though. He has never chewed anything that was not his to chew.

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
The Kong ball is a black hard rubber. I bought it on eBay, he can't break it. Dexter likes it to exercise his jaws. The indestructible ball is not a Kong. Google the website. It's a hard orange plastic ball with holes. Dexter couldn't break it. Watch this video. Blaze is in the back round watching. He could careless...

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Did you mean to post a video? Or do you mean a video on the website for the Kong ball?

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
I was going to post a video with my conures and my dog watching them. But I changed my mind. Don't want to start an arguement :) There is a website for the "indestructible ball." It's orange with holes like a strong whiffle ball. The black Kong ball I bought on eBay.

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
Ok I found this on YouTube. How to build a spring pole for your pitbull/bully;man made kennels. It may look disturbing to some people but it's exercise for dogs and they love it! Hope you find the instructions on YouTube.

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
This is my youngest Blaze, he's 5. His mom was a small red nose. My Dexter, 8 yr old is a bigger dog like his dad, a taller black and white pitbull. My oldest is a female brindle Staffordshire terrier 12 yrs old, a rescue on death row..all my dogs are fixed and I'm against breeding or fighting!!

Last edited: