• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I think you guys might like these baby Robins

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
They fell out of a tree while the local falcon was having a snack early July. Both were brought to the SPCA the day they became orphaned and I don't have them anymore, but I had them just long enough to snap photos. They both arrived at the SPCA in good health.

IMG_20190709_183459.jpg IMG_20190709_185401-2.jpg IMG_20190709_190514.jpg
IMG_20190709_190624-1.jpg

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They are such cute babies, I love how their beaks look, makes them look grumpy. I am so thrilled that you are here, been missing stories about the Garet Hotel.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
They are just so cute! I hope their mama is alright too!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
They are just so cute! I hope their mama is alright too!
Unfortunately (or fortunately, for the falcon) she got both parents. I wish I could have gone up to check for a third baby, but missus falcon needed to eat too.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Unfortunately (or fortunately, for the falcon) she got both parents. I wish I could have gone up to check for a third baby, but missus falcon needed to eat too.
Yeah, I get that. It still breaks my heart though...I wish they'd stick to eating mice!!!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Yeah, I get that. It still breaks my heart though...I wish they'd stick to eating mice!!!
Same, really. But the way I see it, at least the two babies made it. If missus falcon hadn't stuck around in the tree with dinner, no one but the squirrels would have found them. I don't think she did it on purpose, but she took two and in a way gave two a better chance. They got to grow up and fledge in a sanctuary, away from cats.