• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think Jackson is going to go today

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Tonight’s opportunity for oxygen went by. I got back from work and he was hungry. After eating he throws up in oxygen. He’s doing okay though. A little sneezy. He often has a runny nose. Vet decided allergies

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:heart: Jackson!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I have my techs to thank for it.
No you have yourself to thanks for your concern and way to always take good care of your birds.
Your vet techs are only tools.
You always do what is best for your birds, and you listen to others when you don't know what to do.
You never playing God, and acting like you know everything.
Thank yourself for being one of the best parronts ever! :heart:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tonight’s opportunity for oxygen went by. I got back from work and he was hungry. After eating he throws up in oxygen. He’s doing okay though. A little sneezy. He often has a runny nose. Vet decided allergies
Well the choanal swab should tell you for sure. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
No you have yourself to thanks for your concern and way to always take good care of your birds.
Your vet techs are only tools.
You always do what is best for your birds, and you listen to others when you don't know what to do.
You never playing God, and acting like you know everything.
Thank yourself for being one of the best parronts ever! :heart:

omg i don't know what to say to your over the top compliments!! :heart:

He looks so contented standing in the middle of yum yum heaven. He is a very beautiful green. Green parrots are so lush and stunning.

Feel better Jackson. :sad4:
thank you, Natalie!
Well the choanal swab should tell you for sure. :)
waiting waiting...

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Waiting might be good. Cultures take longer when they don't grow anything.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Lurch did that a couple of times, nasty looking runny nose but no breathing issues and otherwise fine. I asked about it here and he seemed fine and it only happened once or twice.
Jackson sure looks like his happy old self again. it's scary how fragile they can be all of a sudden and he's lucky you caught on and stopped that med immediately.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Lurch did that a couple of times, nasty looking runny nose but no breathing issues and otherwise fine. I asked about it here and he seemed fine and it only happened once or twice.
Jackson sure looks like his happy old self again. it's scary how fragile they can be all of a sudden and he's lucky you caught on and stopped that med immediately.

i was giving up that morning. had no clue it was the meds. somehow it got into my mind that it might be the meds, maybe someone suggested it. anyway i followed that line of thought. he's still not 100% but i'd say 75%.

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Oh wow I’m so glad he’s turned around. :sadhug2:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
i was giving up that morning. had no clue it was the meds. somehow it got into my mind that it might be the meds, maybe someone suggested it. anyway i followed that line of thought. he's still not 100% but i'd say 75%.
I'm so glad he's doing better!! I can't til he's back to 100% again. Thread is definitely an eye opener. I would have never thought of an allergic response from meds. I'm so glad you caught it. I'm sorry you both had to go through it. You're such an attentive and loving owner. I so glad Jackson has you!! :heart:
:hug8:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The two meds that I know of that you need to watch for reactions with are Sulfatrim (any bird) and Flagyl (especially macaws). There are some fungicides that will cause reaction - Amphotericin B (very dangerous) and irtraconazole (hepatoxic).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Terbinafine and Mucomyst. The vet is mixing it up. I am in the waiting area of the clinic. Jackson’s breathing problems came back.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
For nebulizing

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Nebulizing is a good idea.
Couldn’t find Mucomyst anywhere called and went to drugstores. Finally got it at a pharmacy next to the hospital.

pawfectly

Walking the driveway
I’m catching up with thread after two days and I got so happy with his recovery but I am worried about him now.

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. My ‘tiel once accidentally aspirated on an oral medication (he was moving a lot) and I had to rush him to ER. We didn’t know if he would make it. He was only 4 months old then. I cried till I couldn’t anymore. Vet said that if he survived the next 3 days, he’d make it. Worst 3 days of my life. Didn’t get one second of shut eye. He made it.

Keeping Jackson in my thoughts. I really hope the poor sweet bird gets a break from all this.

Are they planning on running any more tests on him?