• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I think he's warming up to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
And faster than I would have given credit for, really.

We picked up our foster bird Mojo on Saturday. He came in too small of a cage and we were able to get a larger cage from the rescue which I cleaned up and we moved him into it yesterday. Well, he seems much more content...and for a guy who never had toys, well he seems to be getting the idea right away! lol

This morning he hopped on the perch nearest the door, and I opened it to see if he'd step up for me. (Before I got very strong warning nips)
He stepped up (and yes, did hop to my shoulder, but he also seems polite about stepping back onto my hand.)

I've had him out for awhile and have been invited to scritch a bit. He lets me know when he's had enough, believe me! heh

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay,thats such great news!

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
great news!

Is Mojo normal coloured or a mutation? I can't tell from the picture that well but he looks kinda blue-y

Last edited by a moderator:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Aww I'm glad to hear it! It looks like he's going to come around in no time with your help. He's so beautiful too!

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That is fantastic!!!! He is beautiful, I love the turqouise mutation in the GCCs.

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
Thanks all, its been a bit of an adjustment... which is why I've been away from the boards.

The first few days he was definitely more interested in taking hard nips at me.. he does still get real beaky, but he's turned it back and I'm learning to read his body language better. I also think the move to the new, bigger cage and the addition to toys has helped quite a bit. He DOES like my husband and flies to his shoulder every chance he gets... but that said he's still quite the snugglebug with me. The kids (ages 10 and 5) admire him from afar and talk to him... which is probably for the best. I'm not sure if they would understand his beakiness isn't always meant to be like it is.

He is a turquoise GCC... and while its very early days yet (gee -- a week today!).. in some ways it feels like he's been part of the family forever. My only worry is what we'll do the one weekend in May where we will be gone for the day, overnight and into the next day. We haven't taken a trip like that in ages, so there's been no need for a pet sitter (and even then the cats are usually fine for 1 day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.