1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent i sprayed a bleach cleaner in tge bathroom and my birds were in bedroom!

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Binkys Mom, 2/13/18.

1. Binkys Mom

Binkys Mom Sitting on the front steps

Crystal
    I know to keep cleaners away from birds when cleaning but I am in the process of moving and hurrying around cleaning and for got to move them until I heard one if them sneeze. Will they be ok? I just cleaned the sink with a bleach cleaner and Windexed my mirror. Then I heard a sneeze and shut the bathroom door right away and moved them to the living room past the kitchen. I fed them and they seemed fine. Are they going to be sick tomorrow? I have 2 parakeets and a cockateil. They were playing high on my dresser! You have to enter my bedroom to get to the bedroom. My bedroom is right by the white door panel you see in this pic. Where they far enough away?

Attached Files:

Last edited: 2/13/18
  2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Oh dear I am concerned for you. Hopefully your birds did not get the strong fumes.
    Bleach fumes are toxic to birds. Do you have a veterinary emergency center near you? I would call and ask about this exposure.

Top Ten Bird Killers

3. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    I hope they will be okay!

4. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    If you must use bleach, make sure it is very diluted. I don’t know what to say about windex. Maybe you could clean the glass with a vinegar/water solution?

5. Binkys Mom

Binkys Mom Sitting on the front steps

Crystal
    It was a deluted bleach cleaner. They were at the other side of the bedroom up on the dresser. I called the vet and he said if they aren't showing and signs sneezing or a tail bob I should be ok. I was just in a rush and forgot to close the bathroom door. I never clean with straight bleach. Thanks you all. They seem to be ok. I'm all moved in to my new place.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)